What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 4 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

"Look at the size o' that boys heed." -Mike Myers So I Married An Axe Murderer :D

Yeah, Barney lost many points with me concerning my desire to see him with Robin, she deserves better, much better.

Someone like me for instance.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be very disappointed if Robin is not the mother at the end of the story.

I feel...
"Originally Posted by EricW
i'm still holding out hope that there is a reason why Dad is telling them a story where the whole series is actually important, and not just the final few episodes where he bumps into a stranger that has nothing to do with the the series up to that point."

is the best point yet.
I don't want someone who appeared behind the scenes or was just a bit cameo.
It only works for me if Robin is the mom.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And yet, Robin is ALWAYS referred to as "Aunt Robin", why does future Ted keep calling his children's mother "Aunt Robin"?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well, he's telling everything as a story, and seems to be trying to keep a secret
about who the mom really is.

at some point i expect, "yep that's right, Robin is really "insert name here", your mom."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So are you saying you think the woman the kids think is their mother is not actually their mother? That Robin is their biological mother?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no the person referred to as robin is really the mom,
he's telling a story and probably changed the name,
for dramatic reasons or embellishment.

of course i don't know i'm just guessing and wanting it to end up
that she is the mom of the title and have to figure out
as many ways as i can to let me continue to hope it works out that way.

there has been "in show" history revision here and
there and the who is the mom thing could be one of them.

he says, " the person who i've been referring to as your
aunt robin really isn't aunt robin, but your mom,
I just changed the name for purposes of the story."

i know i'm reaching a bit but there it is.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Robin and Barney will most likely end up together. That's been my line of conjecture for the past 3 seasons.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I'm sorry but Robin turning out to be the mom would be a major cop-out to me. Especially if they went with the "Oh Robin isn't her real name..." route, that would ruin the series for me. Ted is telling the whole story, it starts with Robin, but that doesn't mean she's the mom. I think it just means that for Ted that's when his "group" of friends became complete and his life really started down the path of meeting the mom, everything fell into place as it were. I love Sarah Chalke but I was glad she wasn't the mom, Scrubs needs Elliot Reed!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Nick's right. It would be an awful cheat. But it would also be impossible given the entire structure of the show and everything we've seen so far.

Ted is telling the story to his own kids who presumably have already met their mother and know exactly who she is.
They also know who Aunts Robin is (as well Aunt Lily, Uncle Marshall and Awesome Uncle Barney.) None of this is a mystery to them. He's just telling them the story of his pre-married life with these friends before he met the woman he would marry and who would bear his children. Why is this so hard for people to (a) understand and/or (b) accept?

This is one of those "journey is more important than the destination" situations. For us who the mother ultimately turns out to be is an open question. But we're not Ted's audience. His kids are. For them the mystery is how the two of them ever got together - and that is the story he's telling and we're eavesdropping on.

There is no way to follow the story and continuity that with any scenario in which Robin turns out to be the mother unless the show turns into an SF series in the final season and there's cloning and/or time travel involved.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks