What's new

How I Met Your Mother Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The co-creators of the show are also in the band The Solids which created the theme song to the show. On MySpace page they mentioned they also did the song on the "Ted Mosby is a Jerk" website and that it was 20 minutes long! :eek:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Somehow, I doubt it. I think the site is brand new and they picked the date to conform to the internal chronolgy of the show, October 2006 being when Barney would have dumped the girl who created the site.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Great episode. I loved horny Lily. And the car.

Yeah, the writers definitely need to work in more "Smulders eats vanilla ice cream" scenes. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
She's going to be on the Late Late Show tomorrow (I'm assuming without ice cream cone).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I do dislike the Marshall quit, which kind of tinkers with the internal chronology which had insisted that career would do bad things to him for years... if he's not there but for months, hard to know how that would be. Completely borks the implied theme park disaster.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Who's to say Marshall either gets the job back or gets an even morally worse job?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
:emoji_thumbsup:

Kind of a disappointing episode for me. Van Der Beek's accent was awful -- it sounded Irish at times.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
To quote the immortal Tommy Callahan: "I've seen a lot of things in my life, but THAT WAS AWESOME!"

I thought they would tease us and not give us anything, but when it happened, I had the biggest grin on my face since, well, last week's episode of The Office!

Did Ted's t-shirt have both the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds logo on it?

Cobie Smulders?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

As a Canadian, I thought it was the absolute perfect mockery of the way the accent is often portrayed :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't think I was a proponent of the Robin-Barney hook up initially, but I think it became pretty obvious that the two were made for each other. Kudos to the writers if any of that was planned from as far back as their cigar and laser tag "date."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if the Robin/Barney thing will have any traction, but I've always thought since season 1 that they'd end up together.

Anyhow, really fun and funny episode.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Why would any women who knows how Barney treats women, ever hook up with him?

Sometimes I don't get women at all. :frowning:

It sucks that his behavior is being rewarded.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You could extend that question and ask why anyone is friends with him knowing his other questionable morals. In TV fantasy land he is lovable despite being a bastard and Robin is perhaps the only person who can make him reform, though that may be best left off screen and in the future (or end of the series). And who's to say he'll be rewarded in the long run? Robin seems like the only person who could conceivably break his heart. In that sense she is his equal, more than able to give him a run for his money.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I totally thought this would happen.
It's actually quite realistic IMHO as back in my single, younger days, I very often wound up hooking up with women I knew who were just "friends"
And as far as Barney being a "bad boy" and why would any woman knowingly hook up with him? EVERY single guy I knew who was like that ALWAYS had women doing the same.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just saw this on my lunch hour. It was pretty good. I'm sure this kiss was just an act of weakness as Robin was feeling down about her ex and Barney happen to be there and was kind to her. So it was a one time thing.

The rock video wasn't as impressive as the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks