What's new

How I Met Your Mother Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Well, well.. back they come.

I really dislike Hannigan's new hair. It just looks.. weird, almost gothic, but she doesn't have the other features to make it fly.. so it just looks creepy.

Now we have to find out how long the storyline about the tattoo goes on.. or if he gets it laser removed later.

I'm also interested in finding out how the heck he got into his own bed.. :)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
did anyone else notice that Hannigan wasn't wearing a bra before the line came out? :laugh:

also i'm sure you all caught the yellow umbrella at the end.

the season premiere was actually not as funny as previous great episodes, but who cares? it's another season of HIMYM. and we got to see Cobie in a bikini!!!!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So what's with the perpetuation of Iglesias's rumored endowment (or lack thereof)? Either he's a glutton for punishment or a really good sport...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hardly recognized Alyson Hannigan in this episode.

This show seldom makes me LOL, but I do chuckle a bit here and there. Sometimes I think it's because the cast is also doing a lot of the laughing at one another's expense. But as long as Cobie's on the show, I'm onboard.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I hear ya, I didn't know it was physically possible for a human being to be that insanely gorgeous and hot.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Marshall's mooning over Inglesias had me in stitches. :laugh:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I love Willow (Lilly) to death, but I agree her hair was distracting.

Poor Ted. A butterfly Tramp Stamp. Thats got to suck. :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The only time I laughed was the end, when Barney saw the countdown on his laptop. Other than that, this premiere left me cold.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fun episode, but not legendary. It's a fun show (I started watching last season). But I'm not sure I'll make it a regular thing. I think I'm most looking forward to this show going into syndication I can enjoy it at 6pm before dinners, or late at night before bed. :)

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I've always really liked this show. Neil Patrick Harris as Barney is just classic. And while I did like last night's episode, some of the early scenes with Barney just seemed kind of forced to me, almost like they had to throw in all of his "catch phrases" just to remind people of them. BUT .... all was forgiven by the end of the episode with them getting Ted to realize he had the "tramp stamp" :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i hardly recognized mandy moore, not because of the costume but because of the size.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Was it last season? The two had a slap bet.. the winner had the advantage of being able to cold slap the other across the face.

But there were some misgivings as to what happened, and the winner was declared three different times and different information came out. So they both slapped each other.

At the end, Barney was the loser, and he had a choice: take 10 slaps in a row right now.. or five dished out randomly at any time, at the winners choice.

Barney chose the five.

It was used ONCE in that season, where Barney out of nowhere got slapped (as he got on stage and tried a pretentious routine in a later episode). So there are four slaps left that can be dished out on him at any time ;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No, he got slapped twice. :)

I thought Marshall was only granted three slaps, not five.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
nope it was "5 indefinitely" or "10 then and there". when Marshall kept quiet about the non-marriage, Barney got 3.

GARY C

Second Unit
And oddly enough the counter ends on Monday Nov. 19th at 8:27pm.

So that's the episode where we will most likely see what happens, 3 minutes before the show ends. :)

Neat little gimmick.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
November sweeps, baby!

So is the titular Mother the blonde or the brunette at the end, leaving the bar?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Which one was carrying a bright yellow umbrella? I must admit I didn't notice and I've already dumped the show from my DVR. (Premier week is rough, especially since I've been sampling a lot of shows and very busy with work. The other night my HDD was 85% full.)

Regards,

Joe

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Actually it was the other way around. 10 all at once right away or 5 whenever Marshall felt like handing them out.

Since the slap countdown ends at 8:27, I'll bet it's the last shot of the episode.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Come on, people! Don't you know how to use Wikipedia? :D

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slap_Bet:

"Lily then gives Marshall the right to slap Barney either 10 times in succession or 5 times for all of eternity, pending Barney's preference."

"Barney has received two slaps from his five-slap punishment:
* One, at the end of this episode a few minutes after losing the bet
* Two, at the end of "Stuff," while performing his one-man show"

Isn't that the same thing as "5 indefinitely or 10 then and there"? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks