What's new

How I Met Your Mother - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, there were definitely certain things difficult to watch about the episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
with you on that one.

very well written and tough to watch for me.

the look he gives robin over the shoulder of the "have you met ted girl" at the end just said it all.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
"Snow Suit Up!"

LOL, good episode. Although I really doubt that Allyson H would have a hard time getting chatted up in a bar :)

Do you want to lick it?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anyone else notice the pieces of gaffers tape covering what I assume was "The Northface" logo on his coat? :)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
"It will be legen-, wait for the next part, and I hope you aren't lactose intolerant, -dary"

Probably the funniest episode yet last night.

And the Liberty Bell part, just great.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The cell phone pictures killed me. I still don't like how NPH's character is being written some of the time, but sometimes, he's downright hilarious.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I just about fell out of my chair with the "Snow suit up!"

I loved the over use of the word legendary. There is a guy that plays poker with us and everything is "disturbing". A flush draw lands on the table "that's disturbing". A crappy mid pair wins the pot "that's disturbing". :laugh:

I also liked Marshall threatening the gay fella. "I'm not that afraid to fight you"

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well we're glad we stuck with it. Each episode seems to be gelling more and more and now we are often laughing out loud, which we NEVER do, not even with "Arrested..." which is one of our faves. The cast seems very talented and NPH is a riot. What's interesting is how "out there" the plots can be yet how "right on" the notes are.

:) d

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I just can't get enough of this show. The chemistry from the whole cast is just awesome. My wife and I cracked up the whole show, if I would have been drinking something, it would have been all over the screen when NPH sent the 2 pictures. This show just kills me, I love it.

This show is in fact, legendary. :)

Doug

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It was getting there. The last episode that aired was the only one that wasn't copying a BBC episode, and I thought it was the best one, and sold me into seeing the next episode which never came.

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Found this on CBS' site: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/ If you follow the link, you can click on "Barney's Blog." Too funny. Only thing is, I wish they had previous entries, cause if you watched the first episode when Barney told Ted to "Suit Up" and he finally did, Barney says in the cab: "Look at you, you magnificent bastard, you suited up! This is totally going in my blog!" Wondering if it was ever really there. Hopefully they keep updating it. Adds more to the show, especially with the whole Liberty Bell thing this week.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
The show keeps getting better IMHO. The "cockamouse" last ep. was hilarious. "It can fly...!"
"Wow."
"It's coming back!"

:) And the halloween ep. with hannigan as the bird, yowza!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I really like the show but they should get rid of the kids and Bob Saget's voice over. It is totally unnecessary .

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Yeah, but Larry... that's kind of the point of the show. It's him explaining to his kids... how he met their mother. Have you watched the show? :D

I thought Monday's episode was the weakest so far, but still enjoyed it. Quite honestly, their hasn't been a single thing about the show that I haven't liked. That's pretty damn rare.

Doug

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just an FYI - If anyone has been reading Barney's Blog, since the pilot was re-aired on Halloween, Ted suiting up made it into the blog after all.

This show is really enjoyable and according to TV Guide it has been picked up for the rest of the season. So has Out Of Practice.

Corey

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
The voice over/kids is unnecessary. Even more so the use of Saget, just what the hell is the point of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks