1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

3D How "House of Wax" saved my life!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by StephenDH, Jul 6, 2014.

1. StephenDH

StephenDH Well-Known Member

Stephen
    Deleted. Accidental double post.

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Uh, there's only one (well, now two) posts in the thread. How was this a double post?

TonyD likes this.
  3. StephenDH

Stephen
    It seems rude to leave this post and its rather melodramatic title hanging so I'll explain. When I first tried to post it, the site crashed and it didn't appear.

In 1982, in the middle of the 80s 3D revival, there was a screening of "House of Wax" at London's ABC Fulham Road. As a birthday treat I decided to attend. With my usual brilliant planning I arrived too early and did a bit of sightseeing, noticing how many hospitals there were nearby, including at least one with a casualty/emergency unit.
    Eventually, I got my ticket and clutching my cardboard glasses I waited patiently for the movie to begin. Almost as soon as the lights dimmed and the ads began, I became aware of a slight stomach ache which rapidly became very painful.
    Realising this wasn't normal I left via the emergency exit and headed for the hospital down the street, noticing as I entered that the lobby was decorated with photos of celebrities, all of whom were now dead.
    A few hours later I was recovering from an emergency appendectomy. The surgeon said if I'd tried to go home I'd never have made it.
    Worst birthday ever. It was another year or so before I actually managed to see "House of Wax" in 3D.

phillyrobt likes this.
  4. phillyrobt

phillyrobt Well-Known Member

Robt C
  5. StephenDH

Stephen
    Thanks. It was the most scared I've ever been.