What's new

How does your vehicle rate for safety? (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I wonder if they will ever have tests that are more real world and hey if any of you know of a site that tests this let me know. Most accidents involve you hitting another vehicle not you hitting a brick wall like these are testing but that takes into account only your vehicles inertia needing to be stopped. The pickup trucks always rate bad in these tests because they have a considerable more weight and inertia to stop then a car. In a crash you would probably be a lot better off then the guy driving the all G 5 star car since you are 4 times his weight even though your truck was rated as Marginal or Poor. :frowning:

KyleS

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Our '02 Galant scored an "Acceptable"; the '03 Montero Sport scored a "Good"; and the '02 Lancer also scored a "Good".

They didn't have a listing for our other car, a '91 Accord sedan.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Masood,

I had a 1991 Honda Accord LX 4 door (no airbags; just auto shoulder belts) and had 2 accidents involving frontal impacts. One time this guy did a left turn from the opposite direction right in front of me, I slammed on the brakes (and guess what? the street was wet from previous night's rain and I have no ABS on the Accord).....CRASH!!! My car's front crushed his T-Bird's right door (to the point where he can't get it to open) and all I got was a crushed license plate and a few scratches on the front bumper. I also got rearended at a red light by some lady on a cellphone in a Saab....bended rear bumper but that was it. Everything was taken care of by the other party's insurance company. The 91 Accord is amazingly solid, much more so than my 2002 Toyota Camry. I will even say I feel safer in the Honda, despite the Camry's 2 airbags and ABS.

MarcVH

Second Unit
Um, when people talk about a safe automobile they generally are talking about how well it protects the human occupants from being damaged, rather than how well it protects the car itself from being damaged. Personally, I don't want a car that is "solid", but rather a car that will sacrifice itself that I might live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks