What's new

How Does MTM Season 3 look ? (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Mary Tyler Moore Season 3 was just released. Season 2 was prepared for release before Season 1 was released . When sales of Season 1 were soft Fox delayed the release of Season 2 for years. This we all know.

Does the video on Season 3 compare to seasons 1 and 2 ?

Are the shows uncut?
I am mistaken. Amazon and DVD Empire show a 1/17/05 release date. I saw the set at Tower Records in Lincoln Center NYC and assumed it had been released.
I guess Tower put it out early.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I don't know (since I won't be getting it until next Tuesday), but I do have to say that the Season 3 cover is the best one so far.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I have the set; the picture quality on the episodes I've watched is as good as the first two seasons, and the episodes I've watched are uncut (25 minutes, 30 seconds).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well...IF anyone is going to know....it'd be Dave! :D

I could never tell if that's her frame or not...but those legs are mighty, mighty long (like hers). That head does look rather unnatural on that body, though. Kinda reminds me of that infamous TV Guide cover where they stuck Oprah's head on Ann-Margret's body (of all people!).

MattHR

Screenwriter
I agree. It looks as though they tried to imply that she is "sitting" inside the crook of the letter "M". It doesn't quite work. It would have been better to have Mary sitting atop the "M", but that would require a much smaller image of her. I at least like the consistency of using the "M" as the backdrop for all the covers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I cannot believe I got away with that crack and that its been five days without comment from David (that MTM-lovin' obsessor)! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
My S.3 copy is in the mail, Mike. :)

And I've requested a "Special Order" S.3 box that has this cover art on it (think FOX will oblige me?):

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"who can turn the world on with her smile...."

It's all about the hip belt, ain't it, Dave?! :D

My wife always used to make fun of the guy in the picture behind her. He was ALWAYS in the newsroom...but never seem to get in many conversations with Lou, Ted, Murray or Mary. Figure he was an outcast or something? You, I bet, know quite a lot about him, David?!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Mike.......

Well, I'm not sure if the guy behind Mary in the above pic is this fellow or not -- but I know that Benjamin Chulay (the son of MTM and Dick Van Dyke Show director/executive John Chulay) is one of the guys who keeps running in and out of the newsroom. (I think that Benjamin might be the blond-haired young fellow we see all the time, who never says a word, but I'm not sure about that.)

In one of the MTM DVD commentaries the info re. John Chulay's son being an MTM "extra" is talked about.

Ben has his own IMDB page, and is listed as "Pete" in two 4th-year MTM episodes (I think he might have a few words to say in those shows too). He was an Editor on several TV shows too. .......

http://imdb.com/name/nm0161085/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks