1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

How Does MTM Season 3 look ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Garysb, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

Mary Tyler Moore Season 3 was just released. Season 2 was prepared for release before Season 1 was released . When sales of Season 1 were soft Fox delayed the release of Season 2 for years. This we all know.

Does the video on Season 3 compare to seasons 1 and 2 ?

Are the shows uncut?
    I am mistaken. Amazon and DVD Empire show a 1/17/05 release date. I saw the set at Tower Records in Lincoln Center NYC and assumed it had been released.
    I guess Tower put it out early.

2. Derek K.

Derek K. Stunt Coordinator

Saw it also at Tower, Lincoln Center. Whoops!

No extras this time around.

3. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I don't know (since I won't be getting it until next Tuesday), but I do have to say that the Season 3 cover is the best one so far.

4. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

I have the set; the picture quality on the episodes I've watched is as good as the first two seasons, and the episodes I've watched are uncut (25 minutes, 30 seconds).

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Well...IF anyone is going to know....it'd be Dave! [​IMG]

I could never tell if that's her frame or not...but those legs are mighty, mighty long (like hers). That head does look rather unnatural on that body, though. Kinda reminds me of that infamous TV Guide cover where they stuck Oprah's head on Ann-Margret's body (of all people!).

6. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I agree. It looks as though they tried to imply that she is "sitting" inside the crook of the letter "M". It doesn't quite work. It would have been better to have Mary sitting atop the "M", but that would require a much smaller image of her. I at least like the consistency of using the "M" as the backdrop for all the covers.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I cannot believe I got away with that crack and that its been five days without comment from David (that MTM-lovin' obsessor)! [​IMG]

8. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

My S.3 copy is in the mail, Mike. [​IMG]

And I've requested a "Special Order" S.3 box that has this cover art on it (think FOX will oblige me?):

[​IMG]

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

"who can turn the world on with her smile...."

It's all about the hip belt, ain't it, Dave?! [​IMG]

My wife always used to make fun of the guy in the picture behind her. He was ALWAYS in the newsroom...but never seem to get in many conversations with Lou, Ted, Murray or Mary. Figure he was an outcast or something? You, I bet, know quite a lot about him, David?!

10. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Mike.......

Well, I'm not sure if the guy behind Mary in the above pic is this fellow or not -- but I know that Benjamin Chulay (the son of MTM and Dick Van Dyke Show director/executive John Chulay) is one of the guys who keeps running in and out of the newsroom. (I think that Benjamin might be the blond-haired young fellow we see all the time, who never says a word, but I'm not sure about that.)

In one of the MTM DVD commentaries the info re. John Chulay's son being an MTM "extra" is talked about.

Ben has his own IMDB page, and is listed as "Pete" in two 4th-year MTM episodes (I think he might have a few words to say in those shows too). He was an Editor on several TV shows too. .......

http://imdb.com/name/nm0161085/