What's new

How do you watch your Season Sets? (1 Viewer)

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Whole season in a few days; almost immediately followed by episodes with commentaries (if any).

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

Lanie, I don't suggest you do this. Or, if you do in fact go with this method, once you get the second season make sure you don't look at the cover at all.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I usualy watch one episode per day, sometimes skipping a day if I had lost to do or shows I had taped on TV the previous night. Sometimes I might watch two episodes in a day back to back.

However... In the case of "Alias", I would sometimes watch three in a day. I just could not control myself with this show! And when I would not watch three I would watch at least two. I pratically almost never watched just one episode per day of this show.

When I was finished with the season set, I lent it to a friend who had never seen the show. Him and his wife finished it inside of a week. So after I got season two and finished watching it, I lent it to him. This time they finished it inside of a weekend!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I have installed a carnival Wheel of Fortune in my living room and replaced the spades, diamonds, hearts etc. with the names of the TV Box Sets: Friends, I Spy, Dick Van Dyke, Mad About You, etc.

Each night we spin the wheel and watch an episode (or sometimes two)

I am about half way through the I Spy series which I bought in its entirety when the 21st disc was released.

I am not sure what I will do if I come across a faulty disc, especially with the I Spys since they came in the yucky cardboard package and are now being sold in the lovely slim cases.

Usually you can walk into any store on the day after Christmas without a receipt and get them to exchange something you bought years earlier.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Depends how much character development there is.

For Alias, I'm burning through a disc a night (3 or 4 episodes per night), because while there is lots of action, the character evolution is extremely slight (so you need to watch several episodes in quick succesion to see the character end up somewhere "new" in their lives.

On the other hand for Angel, people's lives take turns left and right nearly every other episode, so I savor those and watch one or two episodes a week. Same with Buffy - I try to go slowly.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I usually watch a disc at a time. Weekends are fun because I can usually get through 3-5 discs in a day, depending on when I wake up and if I leave my apartment. When you watch a disc at a time you tend to love the "play all" option.

Gord

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
When I first get them I watch them in order, one or two here and there. Then after I finish I just watch whatever I feel like. It depends on if I have anything to do.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
It all depends. I just got my WW S2 on Thursday or Friday, and this weekend I managed six episodes. In contrast, DS9 I've had S1 to 4 for a while, finished S1, on disc 2 of S2 and haven't watched any in a few weeks. B5 I already have S1 to 3, managed most of S1 but haven't finished it and am stalled on that too.

I got Firefly a few weeks ago, they hadn't broadcast "Serenity" here yet at the time I received it so I watched that and the 3 unaired episodes within a few days, now I'm working through the commentaries.

John_Dee

Grip
For shows like Buffy and Angel a couple of epsiodes a week while X-Files, which I started right from the first episode the week after the last epsiode aired, has its time on a Monday and a Thursday night every week

For comedies however at about 22 minutes I just fly through them, never lasting more than about 4 or 5 days (of course being an insomniac helps with this), my record has to be Mad About You season 2 back to back in one day

Wezzo

Second Unit
When I first buy them, I watch the whole set in 2 or 3 days - with and without commentary, and all the extras. After that, I watch 2 or 3 in a row ocassionally.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I "burn through them" pretty quickly. On the second run, I slow it down a bit. But I always watch my season sets in a very enhanced state.

Joseph G.

Agent
Very quickly. Usually so I can get started on another season set. Also, because watching the box sets can become very addicting.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I usualy watch an episode a day. Usualy I've got enough TV shows on hand that I can get a couple of shows in a night.

There are rare excptions - Babylon 5 I blew through the whole series in one or two sittings. Same with buffy thusfar (I've never seen the show).

At the other end of the spectrum, I do watch some shows once a week. I savored my Battlestar Galactica that way, and I'm currently watching Firefly that way (Mostly due to it being at a friends house, and I can only get over there once a week).

The toons - He-Man, GI Joe, Transformers and the like - I'll usualy save for Saturday Mornings. Get up real early, make myself some pancakes (or cold cerial) and put on an episode or two of each, with the occasional Schoolhouse Rock in between. I weep for todays children, who will never know such pleasures.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I have to pace myself. A show like Saved by the Bell may take me a week or so, being that it has about 30 episodes, while a show like Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends took about a year for me to finish. Also, I have just reached the last disc of Season 1 for Dark Angel. Once I go for the second viewing of a season, I can blaze through it. Like I watched Season 1 and 2 of the Simpsons the second and third time around, in only a few days, while I only watched 3 or 4 a day with season 3 because I wanted it to last. My best was with the second viewing of Mr. Show Season 1 and 2 and the first with Season 3. I finished them in two days, including commentaries on Season 3, being that I had listened to the previous ones already. Commentaries are another thing, I listen to all commentaries on my shows, so we are talking 80 minutes usually a sitting for 4 episodes, :) I always was in order.

Ryan

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I watch two episodes, back to back, each week. I usually have special nights set aside when I view tv sets, instead of features.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I can't imagine watching one episode a week! I've watched as much as 3 hours of TV on DVD at a time.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Most of my collection is scifi stuff with story arcs so i just keep going and watch it as they keep me hooked no matter how many times i have watched them before.

capt

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
I watch the red ones last.; :) I prefer to try and get through at least one disc per sitting. Right now my wife is away and I'll try to get through a season in a couple of days. I like hitting play all and have a hard time hitting the stop button.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks