What's new

How Do You Get Rid Of MOLES? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Has anyone had any luck getting rid of these f**king things? I have heard that trapping is the only true way to get it done and that it can be a frustrating undertaking. These SOB's are tearing up my once beautiful lawn!
furious.gif

HELP!
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I resorted to trapping. Mole traps cost a little less than $20. They take a little patience and luck, but they work.
I also killed one personally after stomping down an active run. I saw some dirt pop up again where the mole was digging, so I flipped the little bugger out of the ground with a shovel and, well...no more mole.
As much damage as you're seeing, you probably only have one or two moles, believe it or not.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I know this sounds weird, but bury some Juicy Fruit (yes, the chewing gum) down in the tunnels. It drives them away. Why spend $20 for a trap when you can get gum for a quarter - maybe you'll have a few sticks left over to chew while admiring your mole-free lawn!
I promise, this is not BS.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Omg, I thought I was the only one. Tim is absolutely correct about the gum thing. My mom used to put down the kind of bubble gum that we bought in bulk around halloween whenever we had mole problems, and they stayed the hell away from our yard. Does anyone know why this is true though? Because when I asked her, she said it was a Chinese "secret"...
rolleyes.gif
yeah... I'm sure that farmers back in China have always used bazooka bubblegum for those pesky critters. Anyways, I'm just verifying Tim's statement!

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Jeff:
This is just downright eerie ... but I'm at home this morning, checkin' in with the old HTF & I've get Regis & Kelly on TV in the background. Seems Rege is having big trobles with moles at his home and he just spent 10 minutes going over the remedies that people have sent to him. (fairly funny too)
1) Juicy Fruit Gum (as mentioned above, no kidding) ... you make a slit in the ground with a knife, then insert the sticks of gum down into the slit so they sit in the moles tunnel. Seems the little critters love the fruit smell/taste, but the gum causes major digestive disorders, resulting in, well, a killer belly ache (literally).
2) A more PETA-approved solution is castor oil mixed with water (10:1) and sprayed over the lawn ... they hate it. Spreading milky spore powder (from your local garden supply) on you lawn has the same effect ... expensive, but evidently lasts something like 10 years.
So there you go ... This is to continue tomorrow on Regis with some special guest ... "Mrs. Greenthumbs", whose going to provide expert opinion on mole-riddance ... set your Tivo!
Scott

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Isn't there a special cream you can use?
Hmmm, I had a boil on my erm upper thigh once, couldn't sit down for a week, driving was a bitch, yeah she really was...
POSTED BY STEVE'S UPPER THIGH.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
As much damage as you're seeing, you probably only have one or two moles, believe it or not.
Ken - I read that very same thing at an extension office here. Sure looks like there is an army out there though.
Scott - Thanks for the REGIS update. I will try to remember to catch it.
Thanks to everyone for all of the input. Except maybe, Christou. Even you couldn't make this situation funny, Steve-o!
wink.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
So Jeff, how did it turn out? Did you try the gum? We've had a mole for about a week now. I just knew the ever-informative AHL would have info. :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
So I find out 30 years after he "died" my dad was a spy. Then my grandfather dies and I get this letter that came to my dad after he died. It's from his friend in Jamaica who goes there to "get a mole removed from his face". And I think to myself, "Boy is that guy dumb.... what a cliche."

Then it dawns on me where did the cliche come from....

DDDOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

John Watson

Screenwriter
Ya know how you start reading these threads, without noticing when they started? :)
Well, I was thinking, may be you chew the gum first, and their little feet get stuck in it, so they can't get away.
Anyway, with all the hindsight offered by posts elesewhere in the last 3 years, I now wanna know - has silica been tried?
:D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
to answer the question for 2 years ago, a silenced .22 and some type of night vision optics :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks