1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you get dts es and other sound formats?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by leafswillwin, Apr 21, 2007.

1. leafswillwin

leafswillwin Well-Known Member

hey guys, just wondering my dvd player outputs with a digtal coaxial cable to my receiver. Should my reciever be able to decode the output for dts es and others or is that only possible through toslink and hdmi?

thanks

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    If your receiver supports it, it should play. Have you turned on DTS output in your dvd player's setup menus? For digital audio output, from dvd player, set to "Bitstream" or "Raw". Sometimes turning on DTS is an extra step, and you have to turn it "ON". Double check these things.

Also, you'll probably need to choose the DTS ES soundtrack, in the dvd movie's menus. It will usually automatically go to the DD soundtrack, but have to choose the DTS track.
    Good luck!

3. leafswillwin

leafswillwin Well-Known Member

k i think i found it, thanks. so does that mean digital coax, toslink, and hdmi can support all these formats?

4. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    yes........those are the ways to get 5.1 and 6.1/7.1 through digital O/I.