What's new

How do I Install outdoor speakers (1 Viewer)

rafa8a

Auditioning
Real Name
Rafael
How do I install ( 3) in-cealing outdoor speakers and (3) 6.5 inch rock speakers. do I parallel? I have a receiver and Amplifier 50 x 2 speakers are 60watts RMS.and I also need to put a volume control thanks Rafa

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Definitely not parallel as that will lower the impedance to a point that your amp will either go into protection mode or just burn up. That is unless you have impedance matching volume controls or some type of impedance matching break-out box. Determine how you want to use the system (zones, sources, volume controls, etc). That will determine the parts you need. The parts will determine how everything is connected.

rafa8a

Auditioning
Real Name
Rafael
I have a receiver 80 x 5 watts with zone 2 and an Amp 50 x 2 .also going to put a volume control .should I just put a pair of ceiling speakers and a pair of rock. thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If you wire them in series the only problem might be that they aren't loud enough. So try it before you install them and see. Just wire the each speaker to the opposite polarity of the next speaker. (For the right side: rcvr+ to spk1+, spkr1- to spkr2+, spkr2- to rcvr-. Continue the pattern util you connected as many as you want to that channel. Then do the same for the left side.) If it's loud enough for you, then you can install them. BTW, my thought was to do this for either the zone two or the separate amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks