What's new

How do I hang a flag w/vinyl siding? (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
My wife wants to put up a flag, the kind that attaches to the side of the house. However, our entire house is vinyl sided, including door/window trim. What's the best way to safely attach the flag to the house? Do we have to find a stud behind the siding? I would expect the screws would have to go into wood behind the siding.
Any suggestions?
Thanks... KJP

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
I just got back from lunch in suberbia NYC and found about 10% of houses displaying a US flag. I saw 12 inch flags stuck in the ground by driveways, flags attached to trees, flags attached to Mercedes Benz's, to porch rails (like mine)... on and on.
If you don't want to screw through your vinyl just grab some grey duct tape, cut four six inch pieces roll each into a circle (to make a double sided affair) and attach to each corner of the flag, then hang it.
Main thing is, just put it out there. Everyone needs to be reminded who we are and where we are.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Depending on what type/size of flag my wife brings home, I could attach it to the wooden lamp post in my front yard. Otherwise, I'll find a spot on the front of the house to attach it, or just duct tape the flag itself to the front of the house, or to the edge of the roof.
I'm thinking she'll be getting a flag with the short pole that attaches to the side of the house, and was wondering about the best way to attach it.
KJP

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And if you want to do it right (allowing for half-staff), get one of these from here: http://www.anchorflagandflagpole.com/3_pc_20.htm
I got one - damned nice to have. The sectional mfg. allows cheap UPS shipping. All you need do is dig a hole, place the sleeve, and pour several bags of concrete.
------------------
Feline audience members Katie, Susie, and the one and only Fluffy Pumpkin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks