1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I determine what Video card my iMac has?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Eric_L, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Well-Known Member

I have been trying ofr years to get VM Fusion working on my iMac with no luck. I just found out that it is incompatible with ATI Radeon video 3D drivers. I have looked and looked but cannot find anything which would tell me just what is inside my iMac box. I'd rather not crack it open - so can anyone tell me if there is anything in the OS which would describe the video card?

2. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Click on the little apple symbol at the top left of the Mac menu. Select the first entry, "About This Mac". This brings up a dialog box with the OS version, etc. Click on the "More Info..." button at the bottom of the dialog. This brings up a little app called System Profiler which has detailed info on the hardware and software in your system. Look under the "Contents" column on the left. You should see "Graphics/Displays" under the "Hardware" section. Click on this, and all the details on your graphics subsystem, including vendor, chipset and ROM version, will appear on the right.

System Profiler can also be launched from the Utilities folder under Applications.

3. Eric_L

Eric_L Well-Known Member