What's new

(how) can i connect my computer to my hdtv and rca receiver? (1 Viewer)

beginr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
Hi, nice to meet you. I tried searching to the answer, but it's likely I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I'm trying to connect my laptop to my hdtv (and retain the hd video quality) but also to my basic receiver and bookshelf entertainment system.
I connect the laptop to the tv via hdmi cable and the laptop to the receiver via a simple 3.5mm - rca cable. As you probably guessed the tv is outputting the sound from the laptop and i get no audio from my bookshelf speakers.
I'd be much more happy to find out that I messed up a step somewhere rather than what I'm trying to do is impossible.
Cheers
(ps im not home right now but i just thought if my tv has an rca output i could run a cable from there to my receiver?)

beginr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
well i solved it, for anyone who searches for a similar issue. i had to go to my computer's mixer and disable my lg tv as the output hd audio device.

ShowMeCables

Agent
Real Name
Paul
Could you run audio out from tv to your receiver. This way, anything that is seen on your TV can be heard through your receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks