What's new

How are fluance so cheap? (1 Viewer)

XiJoniX

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan Singh
Originally Posted by Garrett Lundy

1. Use low-quality materials. The paper-coned drivers that any factory in Thailand can produce 1,000 units for $1 US.

2. Sweatshop assembly

Saw where they are made, they are made in Canada, Designed in canada and assembled in canada, the drivers are Canadian made, nothing is shipped over the boarder, which makes it cheaper for them, you get it for the same price as a big box store would buy speakers to sell to people. Smart way to go, they last forever, strong durable, great build quality, drivers push great audio and they compare to my polk audio RTI, even sounds better in areas like lows and mids than the polk does. These speakers are so good i dont have to equalize at all. I like the Energy series, however too expensive for my area.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
seriously? I haven't been on this forum in quite some time. Let me say that I was once on a budget and owned the SX-HTB's, since then, I'm not on a budget, and work for a high end home theater company. I gave my Fluance set to my parents because I went in-wall in my new home. If I weren't a fan of concealing speakers, Id definitely do some fluance speakers again. My parents love them, in-fact, my best friend was so impressed by the quality for the price-point (that's the key here!) he owns them now. long story short, if your on a budget, and dont mind the lost floor space, these speakers are fantastic. At least take opinions from people who have owned them instead of people making assumptions. remember the key to this is PRICE POINT. if it fits your price, if you cant go higher, then these speakers cannot be beaten. If you live in the New England area, Southern NH North-eastern MA, then PM me and you can listen to them yourself.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Holy cow. Talk about an old thread.

Nothing wrong with Fluance. If you want budget speakers, I would (and do) still recommend them years after I sold mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks