What's new

3D HOUSE OF WAX 3D Official! (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Just wondering about that. What an opportunity for one of those one-day couple-of-showings events around the country. With, of course, plenty of emphasis on how this one can soon be enjoyed at home in all its glory etc etc etc .....

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
EricSchulz said:
Is this the only theater in the country showing this?
Yes, because it's a send-off party for the new blu-ray. The only other screening is at the Egyptian in Hollywood on September 6 to start the World 3-D Film Expo.

Ironic that when there was no home video market HOUSE OF WAX was re-released in 3-D nationwide, in 1971 (when I first saw it about a gazillion times) and in 1981. It was quite a crowd pleaser on both occasions. It received numerous bookings across the country in 2003 and 2006 following the Expos 1 and 2, but nothing like a nationwide release. I think the chance for a nationwide release has come and gone for films of this vintage.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Any news on the sound? I know WB has the mono and surround tracks and Chase did a stereo conversion for the DVD. I hope its not 1.0

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The review on DVD Beaver says:
DTS-HD Master Audio English 2012 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 2012 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio French 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio German 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_59/house_of_wax_blu-ray.htm

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Peter Apruzzese said:
The review on DVD Beaver says:
DTS-HD Master Audio English 2012 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 2012 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio French 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio German 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 192 kbps 1.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_59/house_of_wax_blu-ray.htm
Is that mono spread over 2 channels to give us left and right speaker mono sound. ?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We will have complete details on the original Warnerphonic audio for HOUSE OF WAX and will tell exactly what was done for the 3-D Blu-ray.

We played a part in restoring the original 1953 Intermission card, unseen in sixty years!

_house_of_wax_blu-ray_intermission_.jpg

The new 3-D restoration on this landmark production is outstanding.

Watch the 3-D Film Archive site for our upcoming article and review.

It's coming soon...

Houseteasermaster.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
FoxyMulder said:
Is that mono spread over 2 channels to give us left and right speaker mono sound. ?
I would be happy with mono center and mono surround. I hope they used the surround track that they have.

I now see they have "Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround" listed. Maybe that's the same one from the DVD?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just got it delivered today, watched various scenes just to check the disc out, i noticed ghosting, i picked a scene where a police officer had buttons all the way down his uniform, i went into the 3D settings and switched perspective from 0 to +1, it got rid of the excess ghosting, the buttons were now very good, so i'm taking my own advice that i gave above and it does work, still a little background ghosting but nothing too bad and the worst is cured, i'm using a Samsung E6500 plasma, those with that set might want to try changing perspective to +1, anything above or below that isn't good.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My Panny plasma is set to +1, and I've noticed a significant reduction in ghosting on other titles as well (Hugo), plus it makes the menu float out in front of the screen. Very cool.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stephen_J_H said:
My Panny plasma is set to +1, and I've noticed a significant reduction in ghosting on other titles as well (Hugo), plus it makes the menu float out in front of the screen. Very cool.
I'm using Panasonic 3D glasses from 2012 with the Samsung, i wonder if you are too. ?

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
No ghosting when viewed on my new BenQ W7000 DLP projector using generation 3 BenQ glasses.

Some mild ghosting during certain scenes on my older Panny PT-AE7000u. But still very watchable.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally got to watch this last night, and I was really thrilled with the results. Much brighter and clearer than the theatrical showing I saw in the 1980s, and even though it's obvious Warners had to struggle a little bit with the unwieldy WarnerColor, the 3D effects made me chuckle with giddy pleasure.

This is a disc I will revisit many times over the coming years.

And I certainly did jump when Bronson leapt into that shot near the end. I knew it was coming, and it still startled me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks