What's new

3D HOUSE OF WAX 3D Official! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
The transfer looks horrible, with tons of crosstalk, and I know others who have the same exact problem with this title when other titles (such as the titles I mentioned above) look just fine, and they've got different makes of TV than I do.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
All ghosting/crosstalk is the result of the display device, as it is impossible for it to be part of the source. If your experience with DIAL M was significantly worse than other 3D films (as my experience was; HUGO was almost as bad) then it will likely be down to the specific stereoscopics of the photography, or the unique problems of WarnerColor, which you can read about in the links Bob has posted.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
1950's 3-D has a much wider interaxial than the nearly-flat 3-D they are presenting today. If you had issues with DIAL M, than any pre-2006 title will most likely be difficult to view on your set-up.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Having the same terrible ghosting problem with Dial M on my Panny plasmas, and Panny 7000 LCD, front projector.

Creature (3D) looks fine on both. As do many, many others (from all years.)

So there must be something going on with this transfer that plasma and LCD projectors can't handle.

I'll be damned if I'll invest in DLP technology so that I can watch ONE movie in my collection without ghosting.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
"1950's 3-D has a much wider interaxial than the nearly-flat 3-D they are presenting today. If you had issues with DIAL M, than any pre-2006 title will most likely be difficult to view on your set-up."Nope. That doesn't wash. CREATURE, with scenes of high contrast, looks great on my setup.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
"Having the same terrible ghosting problem with Dial M on my Panny plasmas, and Panny 7000 LCD, front projector.Creature (3D) looks fine on both. As do many, many others (from all years.)So there must be something going on with this transfer that plasma and LCD projectors can't handle."Reed, I wholeheartedly concur.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
That's great news! No mention of the sound in the press release. I wonder if we will get the same DD 2.0 soundtrack that was on the DVD.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Lou Lumenick states that MYSTERY will be SD. Hey WHV: Boooooo!!! My enthusiasm just dropped significantly in this release. MotWM deserves a re-do, not just treatment as a side-note. Truly disappointing.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Well I for one look forward to this release.. I had bought Dial M For Murder but have yet to watch it in 3D.. I have been buying new 3D Titles like Top Gun..

I am in the Process of getting new DLP Projectors for my PC, that is where I watch my 3D for now.. I am trying to get the Acer 1261p for NVidia 3D Vision..

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Richard--W said:
The American Cinematheque's Aero Theater in Santa Monica will give the new blu-ray a send-off party on Sunday, September 29 with a screening of the new DLP in Real-D:

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/house-of-wax-0

A DLP instead of double-interlock 35mm makes me sad.
The studios have said they will not be releasing new titles on film in the future so, it looks like old films will probably follow suit.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Waxfinal-web.jpg

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Richard--W said:
The American Cinematheque's Aero Theater in Santa Monica will give the new blu-ray a send-off party on Sunday, September 29 with a screening of the new DLP in Real-D:

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/house-of-wax-0

A DLP instead of double-interlock 35mm makes me sad.
Uh, what would be the point of an "original interlock 35mm", if it was sending off the Blu print?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks