1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

House Of 1K Corpses - No Unrated DVD 8/12

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Will K, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Will K

Will K Well-Known Member

After DVDFile's news that the Rob Zombie flick would be released in dual versions(uncut & family-friendly R version [​IMG]), now comes the press release from Lion's Gate, as reported on horrordvds.com, that the release the only the R-rated theatrical cut.

Confusing matters are reports from Bloody Disgusting and Creature Corner that indicates the cut footage is on the DVD. WTF is going on? If that footage is presented as just a supplement, which could be the case, this is rather disappointing.

It will be interesting to hear what Zombie himself has to say about it.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Well-Known Member

Man, after all the trouble Zombie had just getting this in theaters, it looks he's getting no favors in the home video world, either. I would personally prefer an unrated version myself.

Bruce

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I skipped this in the theater because I wanted it uncut, and I'll skip the DVD too. Why don't they just do flippers on these? Than you can have both versions, and everyones happy? Let's face it, bad publicity about the uncut version is the only way to juice sales, based on the lackluster box office this picked up. They'd be stupid not to release it uncut, unless of course they want to do the dreaded horror of horrors....
    DOUBLE DIP!!! [​IMG]

4. T r o y

T r o y Well-Known Member

I really was looking forward to the announced "uncut" version too. Man am I disappointed![​IMG]

5. Will K

Will K Well-Known Member

In the last few minutes since my initial post, I've been thinking of a likely scenario. There could be a marketing ploy at play. Since the film did well enough to warrant a sequel(coming out in about 10-11 months), they may use an uncut DVD release to tie in with Corpses 2, much like Universal does whenever they put out a sequel. Just a though. Still annoying, though.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

I sure hope this will be cleared up quickly. From the Horrordvds.com report as well as the DVDFile one...there's nothing stating that there will be no unrated version. So far, they've just announced the R-Rated cut. With any luck an announcement for the Unrated cut will come out soon.

I'm pretty sure Zombie mentioned editing the Unrated cut in the last Sound and Vision, and judging from prior actions, there's no reason to believe that Lion's Gate wouldn't release an Unrated film.

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Well-Known Member

Lion's Gate is the current master of controversial and unrated material. It would be very odd if they only release the R.

8. Karl F

Karl F Well-Known Member

Their ad in my new VPD mag has an 'R' rating on it. It also lists special DVD features: Director commentary, Trailers, rough film tests, still and FX gallery, Featurettes (whatever that means), and a music only track. It lists the time as 88 minutes.

Huh. It says that there's also a "national contest promotion" with Guitar Center. I wonder if they don't want to do a tie-in with an unrated film. I'm conjecturalizing, of course.

--K

9. Matt Stone

10. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will release it uncut after all. In any case, I've seen the uncut version as well as the R version there isn't that drastic of a difference. One of the murder scenes has another stab or two, and a little bit more gore, but not enough to be THAT upset about.

11. Ryan_TD

Ryan_TD Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Lion's Gate released an Unrated Version of MONSTER'S BALL a year later after the regular rated R version was out.
    (More Halle Berry Nudity[​IMG] )

12. Dan Rudolph

That's because Lion's Gate didn't have their own DVD production when Monser's Ball came out and the publisher (Sony) didn't do unrated discs. Lion's Gate released the uncut version pretty much as soon as they started publishign their own stuff.

13. Travis_W

Travis_W Well-Known Member

As long as the extra footage is included as a supplement I'm alright with this. It'd be great to have an unrated edition, don't get me wrong, but having the version I saw in theaters doesn't bother me too much.

14. Matt Stone

15. Brook K

Brook K Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd like to see in an unrated cut is some nudity from the psycho-blonde. And how about Sid Haig on the commentary and a speical tribute to Sid Haig featurette?

16. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Well-Known Member

17. Dan Rudolph

They published Dead Alive themselves, but they stopped doing this for some time. Presumably it was too expensive.

18. Travis_W

Travis_W Well-Known Member

Got this from Davis DVD:

19. Will K

Will K Well-Known Member

20. Matt Stone

Grrr! Now I have to figure out if I should buy the R-Rated cut.