What's new

House, M.D. Season 3 Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

Actually House did attack a patients father with his cane in the season 2 episode "Hunting". I think he's done it at least once before. He's not generally a physical person, but he can and will be to prove a point.

Anyway I didn't mean that House would fight the guy, just try to whack him with his cane, House is fiesty enough. I used beat, I meant whack, that sounded really wrong. :P

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I agree, Cameron and Chase just weren't right for their usual character though Cameron had some funny stuff, but it just wasn't like her. I just couldn't figure out Chase and why he was even in the show. Cuddy, Wilson, and Foreman were at least in character.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I wonder if David Morse was having a déjà vu moment as he was bending over and gazing into the camera. His character, Boomer, got an unwelcome intrusion during the run of St. Elsewhere about 25 years ago.
For me, those matching green eyes made this the Lone Star (1996) episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved how Chase never came back to the episode after getting his lazy walking papers from House. Hope House can turn the tables on anal-probed cop and get bumped down to security guard after all this crap he's dishing out.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't really a fan of Chase just leaving, myself, but I didn't interpret it as "following orders". Seems this case really pissed him off on some moral grounds, and House's telling him to sit on his ass wasn't an order as much as it was a sarcastic kick in the aforementioned ass to tell him to do his damn job. But he fought back by taking it seriously. Which is a shame, since I like Chase for his lack of overtly dramatic tendencies. I wouldn't call him a "suck-up" over it, though. I always pegged Cameron as the sycophant, especially since her current insurgent streak is more the mark of her admiring her boss so much she's imitating him, right down to the wise-cracking rebel qualities. I hope they do more with her, her character has more potential than to just be a carbon copy.

Then there's Thermometer Ass whom I detest for making poor House's life so hard, but I love what he represents: a multi-episodic arc that moves at just the right pace for my tastes. (I think so, anyway. That huge baseball gap threw off my rhythm.)

Also, I didn't know you could say "buttplug" on network TV, although upon further reflection, I don't know why I didn't think you could in the first place.

And out of curiosity, how many open-brain operations does an average hospital perform? Really.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay one little thing I didn't get. If House had that many pills lying around his apartment, then it doesn't seem like he would be stupid enough to forge the signatures like on the first episode of the season. I'm sure forging the prescription is being used just to get him in more trouble next episode, but in that case, they shouldn't have left so much in his apartment, so that he would have had a NEED to forge the signature. House might be an addict, but I don't think he's that stupid.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That cop is proving to be one pain in the ass...with a pain in his ass. I'm loving this feud going on between House and that cop, it's entertaining and ads an element of danger for House, the stuff that's coming to light now could very well end House' carreer.

I know that it won't happen because then there would be no more show, but it's still fun nontheless. I also found Chases' disappearance very funny, I just kept imagining him still sitting in that chair throughout the entire episode after House told him to keep his lazy ass where it was lol.

That was an excellent make-up job on that actor, i've seen that guy in other movies, it was his eyes that gave him away, he has a disorder that causes his eyes to constantly dart back and forth.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Surely House's history with the cop would nullify much of the proceedings against him in court. His motives in such an instance are ethically quite dubious.

I was hoping Stacy would be House's lawyer.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Though I watch and enjoy the show, I don't root for House as much as some of you. I don't like the depiction that he can do whatever he wants free of significant consequence.

In the beginning of the show, I rooted for House because he was simply quirky and was given a lot of leeway within the hospital because of his diagnostic brilliance. I understood why he was given the leeway and I agreed with it. More often than not, his rudeness, etc. was the wakeup call someone needed.

Now we're being presented with the idea that House can get away with anything anywhere because -- why dadgummit -- he's just too smart for anything to touch him. That doesn't ring true to me. Nor does it make me like the character.

Anyway, I realize the show must go on, so there the consequences of his actions can only be so great. That said, I'm enjoying the cop because he is showing House (yes, it'll fall on deaf ears) that he doesn't just get away with everything because he's too smart for everyone else, but because people generally make accomodations for him. When he runs into someone a bit less accomodating, his smarts won't always insulate him.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
The punishment should fit the crime though.

House was rude. Purely for revenge, the cop is trying to destroy House's life and career. Hardly seems justified. And then he has the audacity to accuse House of acting unethically and abusing his position. Hah.

I am enjoying the cop too. Only because I hate him and I'm confident that he will get his comeuppance, courtesy of House. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

House is in deep shit that's what happened. The cop went to talk to Wilson to find out if all those prescriptions he found in House' apartment were authorized and signed by him, when Wilson said yes they were the cop pointed out that many of them had signatures that were different from Wilson's handwriting, implying that House was forging Wilson's signature on them.

When Wilson tried to cover for House by saying that sometimes his signature changes the cop didn't really buy that, now both House and Wilson are in deep doo doo.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

It doesn't surprise me that House's fans will forgive him all sorts of reprehensible behavior simply because they find him charming or interesting.

1) It's no better for a doctor to stick something up your anus unnecessarily than it is for you to do it to a girl you're dating.

2) It's no better for House to steal prescriptions than it is for a non-doctor.

3) It's no better for House to be a junkie than it is for any other functioning junkie, alcoholic, etc.

4) House puts the hospital at risk, which (in the real world) could affect a great deal of patients. All to humor his childishness.

That's a partial list off the top of my head. I could go on. I no longer "root" for House. I watch the show because it's interesting and intelligent, but I do not root for the characters displaying such boorish behavior. Perhaps my bias is that I've simply come across too many intelligent people that think intelligence is a license to ill. IMO, it isn't.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys! It seemed abrupt, that's why I was confused.If he screws up bad enough, he'll be gone. Thus far, though, he hasn't. No one would care if he wasn't exceptional. But he is. Morse's cop is a sharp tack, but I think the world will get by without him. There's a good chance that the vast majority of House's future patients would not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks