What's new

House, M.D. season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to some encouragement by others, I went back and netflix'd season 1, watched through over Christmas and really got into the show. I'm hoping they don't resolve the bit with Stacy.

It does seem though that neoplastic-anemia or whatever comes up a lot.

But, the thing that sells the show to me is Wilson. As a straight man, he's so good at what he does - he had House have the best facial expression back & forths of any show I've seen in years.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

What was more unnerving was that she was also on Boston Legal the next hour playing an attorney for a guy who wanted to make a guest-starring Michael J. Fox pay for using his influence to actually get the drugs in a double-blind study on some new drug for his lung cancer.

I had to laugh hard when we see Wilson on the make with that hospital lady, and House calls him to get the skinny on his 3 blind mice doing the diagnostics on "Danny Noonan". Wilson must do that a lot (hitting on the other ladies on the hospital).

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
One thing I noticed;

When house and Stacy are in the hotel room about to get busy and the phone rings. It seemed to me that Stacy was dissapointed and House was relived.

Remember all through the episode House was difficult to get a hold of and even when they did talk to him, he basicly just got a up-date and then told them to call him later. At one point even reasoning that Camaron, Chase and Formen can handle the situation without him.

back in the hotel room, I wonder, did he get cold feet or did he find some sort of humanity inside him that led him not to take advantage of Stacy when she was obviously tempted.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'd say so. He's tries to back out once during Stacy's come-on, but she persists. I think deep down under all the flaws & the cynicism, House is basically a good guy. Dr. Wilson, on the other hand... not so much.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Did anyone else notice the choice of the two Season 1 episodes Fox aired on Monday? They were "Histories", with the patient of the week played by Leslie Hope, and "Control", where the PotW was played by Sarah Chalke Clarke. It seemed like a stealth promotion for the return of "24". :)

Regards,

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Henry:

House has a Sota turntable in his office. It's a prop. :)

Good episode. Sela Ward is still looking awfully good, even in hi-def. :D

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Awww...House finds his heart and pushes Stacy away once again.

That patient is whacked. What a nutty way for 2 non-confrontational married people to "work" things out.

Good to know Cameron has been cleared of HIV infection.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I know, I'm quoting myself but this episode so neatly illustrated my point. Dr. House: Mean Guy on outside, Nice Guy on inside. Dr. Wilson: Good Guy on outside, Amoral on inside. Wilson was all over the moral map in this episode. First he's screaming 'She's married!", then it's "You idiot, she's hot for you and you turned her down!" I find it very amusing he can give this kind of advice after all the stepping out he does on his own wife. His compartmentalization is amazing!

After all of that, you'd think I didn't like Dr. Wilson but I do... it's just that he's the last person who should be giving relationship advice (except for maybe Dr. Cameron. She's totally fubared in the interpersonal relations dept.)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I loved it when House says to Cameron "I love you". Her jaw drops and House gets the swab from her to send in for her AIDS test.

I think it was also telling when House just stares at the blank board and realizes that this is all he really has in his life.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Cuddy's impersonation of Stacy had me laughing a bit as well. That balloon dog was so not close to being a balloon dog. Also loved how House got a mouth swab from Cameron for her HIV test.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hate burn victim episodes, that was a ghastly sight.

House on the floor was just priceless. Hosing Maddog (from Frasier) was also such a House move. Wilson was killing me with his pleading of House not to go down the road of retribution and regret.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
What was it that Wilson said to House after House experimented on himself. Something like....

"Is Dr. Jeykal here, we need to ask him a few questions about a half eaten sheep in the OR room."

That and House dropping acid had me busting out. Another great episode.

Also in the same Wilsom confronting House scene, did anyone else notice that they turned up the sound effects all during the scene so we could better get what house was hearing/feeling. Nice touch.

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator
Quick HOUSE question - and while it isn't about season 2, I figured there was no better place for it than this.

I'm a big Bryan Singer fan, and I know he directed two episodes of HOUSE last season as well as is an executive producer on the show, but I recently read that he made a rare on-camera apperance as himself in an episode last year. Can anyone describe this appearence for me? Is it worth going out and renting the show just to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks