What's new

Hot Wings recipe (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was hoping that someone here has a super hot wing recipe. My girlfriend and her brother have yet to reach their limits for something hot so I wanted to cook something most likely in the form of wings that really makes them sweat!! Does anyone have any recipes they know are tried and tested for something like that?
Thank you

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Hotter sauces alone aren't going to do it. You can keep on adding capsaicin, and after a certain limit it just causes vomiting. Now, the Chinese have some pepper that makes me feel as though I'd been bitten in the mouth by a scorpion, so that might help.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
well I guess just looking for any recipes of stuff that I can buy at a grocery store and create something nice and spicy. They really miss teh spicy foods of Mexico and I just want to make something for them that will make them sweat. Her brother adds literally half a big bottle of Tabasco to every meal.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I have a fairly simple but tasty method form making a tasty ultra hot wing sauce. The only ingredients needed are a jug of Frank's red hot wing sauce and some habaneros. Crush the peppers and slowly add them to the wing sauce until it's hot enough for your liking. If you add too much the sauce will be unedible, but when done properly it will be just hot enough to make you sweat.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The original Anchor Bar in Buffalo recipe is deep fried chicken wings dipped in a sauce consisting of 5 parts Frank's Hot Sauce to 4 parts melted butter to 1 part white vinegar . You can vary the amounts or the heat of the sauce to taste.

One word of desperate caution from personal experience - Wear latex gloves when handling peppers, especially habeneros. Subsequent wiping of your eyes (or trips to the rest room) will be much less painful affairs, trust me. :eek:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That's because Tabasco is barely hotter than tap water.

And although I enjoy the flavor of Franck's Hot Sauce, it's not much better in that regard.

I pride myself on my ability to whistand this stuff, but years away from back home (where it's like salt) have severely eroded my defenses... I was recently defeated by the hottest stuff at Buffalo Wild Wings, to my complete shock. Usually I order the hottest sauce on the menu wherever I go, and it's typically some mild shit. Not this time...

There is a hot sauce thread floating around.

--
H

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've got a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce that induces regret every time I open it. For something that you're only supposed to use a drop of, it's awfully fond of coming out of the bottle in a clump - sort of a pain loogie if you will.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks