What's new

HOT Price on the NEC HT1000!!! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
TV Authority has just offered us a very special closeout price on the NEC-HT1000 of $2,599 which includes free ground shipping. These are brand new units and include the full manufacturer's warranty. They are only able to offer this to the first 20 customers who purchase them (they currently have 8 in stock with more on the way.) These projectors will go very quickly.

So if you have been setting on the fence waiting to get a fantastic buy on a great FPTV click on the link below and pick one of thes units up while they last.

NEC HT1000

Click here for a product review at Projector Central.

In addition they would also like to add that they are accepting orders for the new HT1100 (both with and without the anamorphic lens). They have special HTF member pricing available which is not posted on their website.

HT1100 - $3895 ($4795 MSRP)

HT1100 with anamorphic lens - $4095 ($4995 MSRP)

Just tell them that you are ordering from the Home Theater Forum and want the special pricing on any of these units.

Parker

KyleT

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at the HT1000 a few months back but noticed it didn't have an HDMI input. So I figured its replacement would. So here's the replacement and still no HDMI input??

Am I missing something?

Can I take an HDMI output from my DVD player and send it to the DVI input on the HT1100 (or HT1000 for what matter) without any comprimise in picture quality?

Zenas

Agent
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an HDMI connection basically just a DVI-D connection with audio as well? I believe you'd have to get an HDMI->DVI adapter that basically takes the DVI part of the HDMI signal and isolates it... then connect a DVI cable from the adapter to the PJ... Hope I'm correct and that this helps!

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Zenas is right. There really is no reason to have HDMI on a projector other than you can have a longer HDMI cable than a DVI cable before you run into performance issues. The price on HDMI cables SHOULD be lower when they become more popular. You can buy converters for HDMI to DVI because DVI is incorporated into HDMI. Unless you need to have DD sound at your Projector, there really isn't a great reason to have HDMI on your PJ.

Now, HDMI on a HD tuner (sat or ota), prog. DVD, stereo receiver or HTPC would be great. Imagine, One cable to rule them all!

Dave

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Damn! thats a great price.
thats about the net cost i paid last Sept- but after the $500 rebate and selling off my old pj.

apart from a dust blob issue i noticed with mine, i've been very happy with the image and preformance.
very highly recommended.

i'm still waiting for a decent DVI/HDMI player to take advantage of the dvi input- but i doubt things could get much better than what i'm seeing already with a component/rgb cable.

Matt_G

Auditioning
I have a question about the anamorphic lens. I just got off the phone with NEC. They told me that the anamorphic lens is for changing 4x3 content into 16x9 (basically stretching it). They also said that if you have 16x9 content and are displaying it with an anamorphic lens then this will be stretched even more (like twice to make it very skinny). Can you shed some light on this lens? Does anyone have it? What will happen when you display 4x3 content and what will happen when you display 16x9.

Thanks a bunch! -matt

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
i'm not a big fan of anamorphic lenses.

basically you would set the dvd player to output at 16:9
-this stretches the image to fill the full 4:3 area, so no black bars (on 1.85 AR material). the black bars get 'stretched out of the visible space'.
normally you would then set your display to 16:9 also and this would re-stretch out the incoming signal to the proper dimensions and add its own black bars.

the difference is that instead of you losing resolution from the dvd directly by it adding black bars, you keep all the res, and let the the display add them.

when you use a lens, the display recieves that stretched 4:3 image (with no bars) and
the lens re-stretches the image optically (as opposed to electronically).

theoretically this should offer the best pic quality, but in practice i think any improvements are negligable, and its not without its own problems as the lens, depending on quality, can introduce its own picture anomalies (like distortion, etc).

simply putting the projector into 16:9 mode and projecting t that way (even though it is not using the full 1024 x 768 panel) still provides a remarkably satisfying picture.
to me, you really have to step up to an HD 2 pj with a 1280 x 720 panel to get much of an improvement, and some people still aren't satisfied with that and prefer the resolution of a D-ILA (can't remember the specs something lik 1440 x 1024 or something like that).
and then again some people seem perfectly happy with VGA pjs at 800 x 600.

for $200 more, with the new HT1100, the lens might be interesting to try, and you could certainly always sell it for more than that later if you don't want it.
but as an upgrade, its my feeling that you are just better off stepping up to a higher res pj altogether.

hope that helps a little

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks