What's new

Hope for more Quantum Leap Seasons? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's great to have Season1 issued.. I haven't seen/heard anything about the prospect of further seasons ;)

Here's hoping we get them all ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's the big question. Universal has a lot of first seasons coming out, but no advance promise of future seasons. I remain optimistic. The only red flag is the bonus disc included with the upcoming Magnum PI set, which includes episodes from seasons 3 and 5 of that series. Does that mean full future seasons of Magnum might not be forthcoming? Who knows. Still, as involved as Deborah Pratt and Scott Bakula were with season 1 of Quantum Leap, I would think the plan was to move ahead with additional seasons. Poor sales of season one would threaten those plans, of course.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
I sure hope they do release more/all of Quantum Leap. It's been something new and different to watch, since I hadn't seen it before. I just wish season one had been a little longer!

:emoji_thumbsup: More please!!! :)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
One positive sign is that Deborah Pratt (producer and Ziggy's voice) has said in an interview on a QL website (can't remember which one) that she has already recorded some interviews for the DVDs.

Since she doesn't show up until the second season that means that they are already working on the extras for later seasons.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
As usual, it's just a matter of how the first season sells. I'm quite sure they would like to continue the series so long as it makes financial sense. Universal would never neglect the opportunity to do Season 2 if the first season release makes them enough money. That's just the nature of the business. (This goes for any TV-on-DVD sets.) The question really is, with all the sets they're putting out in the near future, which of them will rise to the top in sales? Will they continue every single series so long as its profitable? The ones on the bottom, even if they are a little bit profitable, *could* be left out as Universal tries other titles that may have more profit potential. After all, they have a pretty big catalog. So, just hope that QL:S1 is a big enough seller! The good news is, QL:S1 is already out, so it's already got a better chance than any show not yet released.

Kyle J.

Auditioning
Your wish is granted.

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com:

"Here's a bit of news that was left off the recent Universal TV press release: Quantum Leap: Season 2 is going to be released on October 26! Season 2 was the first full season of the series, featuring 22 episodes. This 3 disc set (DVD-18) will carry a suggested retail price of $59.98, the same price as season 1, though season 1 only consisted of 8 episodes.

The information we received lists an English Stereo track, but season 1 contained Dolby Surround, so we expect this is just an error in the information we were supplied with. The set will also contain English, French and Spanish subtitles. No word on extras yet, but we expect that to come before the set ships. We'll have cover art available when it's released."

Woo hoo!

Thumbs up to Universal, also, for keeping the price the same for the later sets. The first set was priced on the high side, but full seasons at $60 MSRP ($40 in the stores) is a real good deal for such a great show!

And only a short wait -- October! Awesome!
-Brian

Brad M

Second Unit

I just had to jump in here and say YEAH! I didn't expect an announcement like this until the end of this year or early next!

September and October are sure getting expensive. Oh boy.

Brad M

Second Unit

Yep, but wasn't that what Season 1 was suppose to be on? It might change, cross your fingers.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I absolutely Despise DVD18's as well. So much so that I'm really considering Backing up Battlestar Galactica to DVDR's ( I know Backup talk is verboten here but I own these and already have exchanged one set due to defects and skipping) it's worth an additional investment to keep these fragile disks from becoming damaged.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
That's a very reasonable price for 22 episodes, but it's ludicrous for 8. Oh well, I got my season oen used and have no problem getting further seasons new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks