What's new

Hooking up using HDMI to TV and Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Mark Butler

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at the Toshiba HDDVD player. I am not quite sure how you hook it up to get both the HD Video and Audio. It has one HDMI output. Do you hook up the HDMI cable from the player to a HDMI capable receiver and then run a HDMI cable out from your receiver to your TV. I thought one of the points of HDMI (other than to help implement copyright protection) was to simplify cabling, 1 cable 2 signals. If I have to use 2 HDMI cables to get both the HD Video and Audio then it is the same as DVD now (1 D4/Component cable and 1 coax/optical cable). It seems like a waste to me. If those lucky souls who have the players in their hands could shed some light on this for me that would be appreciated, I just can't quite wrap my brain around how 1 cable and 1 output can go to 2 components (TV and Receiver)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
don't have the Tosh HD-DVD player but i'd imagine that you'd connect the player to the a/v receive via HDMI. then connect the HDMI output of your a/v receiver to your HDTV. your a/v should be able to decipher everything and decode and pass any sigals that's required.

Cameron_S

Auditioning
I thought I have seen an HDMI breakout cable for your exact application, but I can't seem to find it online. Has anyone else seen such a beast, or was I just dreaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks