What's new

Homefront (1 Viewer)

Ronda

Auditioning
Are there any Warner Bros. decision-makers out there who can comment on whether or not we'll ever see the short-lived but much beloved 1991 TV series Homefront come out on DVD? :)

Ben_D

Agent
Well, I'm certainly not a Warner Bros. decision-maker, or it would have been on DVD long ago. Not many people seem to have heard of "Homefront," but the people who do remember it LOVE it. And they would buy a DVD set in a heartbeat. I myself would probably buy at least six sets, since I would be so thrilled at the prospect of having the show on DVD that I would generously give a set to each of the people I've turned on to the show (I taped them from the TVLand marathon a few years ago). Unfortunately, though, I doubt if anyone at Warner's thinks the show will sell....and they don't license their product. I will say, in case a Warner Bros. suit does happen to read this, that the show was cancelled after two seasons in 1993 and still has an active e-mail list....and it's one of the few shows to ever receive enough votes to qualify for "Never Jumped" on jumptheshark.com...

BradBraithwaite

Auditioning
I'd buy! They should just combine both seasons on one set. Anyone fan enough of the show to buy the set(s) would probably be willing to pay a higher price just to get it all at once.

I know someone who was on the show and who has stayed friendly with the producers and she tells me they would love to put it out on DVD, but for the obvious reasons. Who knows... I keep chiming in every time I see her.

Meanwhile, I wish it would run on TV Land again, but I think it runs on some nostagia channel that I don't get...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Just the other day I was wondering if someone would ever start a thread for this show. When it aired, I was in 5th grade in a small town in Missouri and we only could get ABC there, so I saw a few episodes every now and again. Being so young, I was never really able to get into the series as much as I would if I had the opportunity today to see it on DVD. I'd buy in a second, as it turns out that many period shows crack my top ten favorites (The Wonder Years, Freaks & Geeks, American Dreams) and this might get there as well.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I think you underestimate the appeal- I have met several people- my Mom inclusive- who absolutely love this show. They run a marathon on cable every once in a while- and I'm always amazed at the number of friends I have who have VHS tapes from these showings.

I think this show would actually have a pretty surprising sale rate on DVD.

-V

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
It just finished a run on the Good Life channel (I think that was name of the channel - it's one of them channels with nothing but Metamucil, Depends, and Geritol commercials). My wife ate 'em up. Agreed - a DVD set would be fab.

Ben_D

Agent
That's amazing, that others out there have tapes from the marathon as well. I was teased mercilessly by friends for staying by the TV with my alarm clock for the entire weekend as "Homefront" ran for 43 hours. A lot of them were later hooked by those tapes, though.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Yes, this was an excellent show, and one of three period shows (the others being I'll Fly Away and Brooklyn Bridge} that ran from 1991 to 1993. Bring 'em all on!

SteveJKo

Second Unit
Thought I'd give this thread a little "bump" just to let the world know that those of us who loved this show still have not given up hope for an eventual DVD release.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
In case any decision makers are reading this thread, I too, would purchase the entire series of Homefront. This was a very good show. I would also love to see Brooklyn Bridge on DVD.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I also loved this series and would buy it in a heartbeat if it was released on DVD.

I also would like to see I'll Fly Away released as well (at least this one is being shown daily at 2pm ET on TV One).

SteveJKo

Second Unit
I just seems like there was a LOT of really well done (and unfortunately short lived) TV back in the early 90's. Now we're stuck with "reality" TV, which is really a form of game show. It's like the 50's all over again!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I know at least 3 people who'd buy Homefront on dvd in a heartbeat.

PLEASE Warner guys in charge!!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah, Homefront is high on my list. We need more good dramas on dvd! How about starting with Homefront, Brooklyn Bridge, Family, Second Noah, Falcon Crest, more Everwood, American Dreams seasons 2 & 3...there's a zillion of sets I'd buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks