What's new

home theatre basics and purchasing? (1 Viewer)

JustinGL

Auditioning
Hello, my father recently purchased 60inch flat screen tv. We had outdated speakers, so we are looking into home theatre. We are not audio enthusiasts or particularly knowledgable. We would however like to purchase a high quality system with surround sound and good sound for a 25ft x 16ft room. We do not need the best, but would like high quality equipment to watch dvd's and tv. I was wondering what advice you had for assembling such a system or what questions I should ask/ stuff to get. Do i need a system with a receiver and stuff, or not and what other stuff? I would greatly appreciate the help of the forum members in making such a decision. Thank you very much for your time.

-Justin

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Justin,

Welcome. Did you have a budget in mind? You may also want to consider browsing the speaker forum as well as the receiver forum, or posting there for more exposure.

There is alot of hype about speakers. The thing is they are very subjective, so once you get an idea of speakers in your price range, you may want to go audition some for yourself. Most internet brands allow for in home auditions, but you have to pay for the shipping.

I'll spend my opinion, if you let me know what you're willing to spend.

-Gerry

John S

Senior HTF Member
25'x16' is a prettty large room. Do you think you will want to watch/listen at true Theater type levels?

The answer to that question really can sway the products and the cost quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks