What's new

Home Theater virgin (1 Viewer)

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
Its unfinished I Will pull one more circuit put a 20amp fuse and connect the sub, amp and receiver there.It was on my to do list anyway

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
Hey Sam,
Happy New Year.
I rana separate 20A line and connected everything to the same source. The noise is almost gone now.

I calibrated at 75%. Now the limitor on the amp is coming on once the volume hits 70.. at 65 it starts flashing but at 70 it is constant so i reduce the volume.

This is what the manual says about the limiter:

The SPA-1400/1400C
employs an internal “Automatic” limit circuit to prevent the amplifier from clipping. The Limit LEDs will illuminate whenever the input signal attempts to overdrive the amplifier’s output section, indicating that the Limiter has been called upon to prevent clipping. (Not only does clipping produce harsh sounding distortion, it is also capable of damaging speaker components – particularly high frequency drivers.) Periodic flashing of the Limit LEDs indicates operation at or near full output and is no cause for alarm. Steady illumination of one or both LEDs indicates constant operation of the Limiter, with the possibility that the input signal should be reduced by means of the Level control (#15, rear panel). The Limiter within the amplifier is fully automatic, insuring you complete protection against clipping at all times."

Should i reduce the gain for the front speakers set by audussey or reduce it on the amp to say 50% and recalibrate. I want even louder song.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you need louder...more amp.Changing up the gain isn't going to do anything. How deaf do you want to get?You could invest in a simple SPL meter. I'd like to know how loud you are already getting in the center if the room. Pure stereo(front channel only) and surround.

csh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
chandan
i can increase the volume... it is still at 70...but i cannot increase it more because of the limiter... what will another amp do?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Another amp meant...twice to three times what this one has. Your Argonauts are efficient. 100 watts into them has to already be loud. From 100 it takes 200. From 200 it takes 400. From 400, 800.But if you are already pushing 105db in the center of the unfinished room...that is far enough till you finish it. Finishing will add to the volume without having to have more power.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have you looked at Axiom speakers? They are a Canadian brand. They can be ordered over the net and allow you test them on a trial basis. I was seriously looking at them before I decided to go with the B&W CM series.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Lol...he might be going that route.

Although have no clue if he could stomach a set of Zu. Klipsch Heresy might be commonplace up there.

If the Argo's* don't rock like he wants...maybe a set of Klipsch(La Scala, Heresy...anything) could work for "party time"...

Heck even some some CV D(Cerwin Vega D9 being the biggest).

*The Argo's are 4ohm and 95db efficient. Like I've said earlier..."how deaf do you want to get?"

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Depends on whether he likes his sound bright. I've listened to Klipsch and I always find the horn tweeters they use to be pretty aggressive with the highs.I've heard that Cerwin Vegas are supposed to be ideal party speakers. I don't remember ever hearing them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks