1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Theater Suggestions please.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DustinDT, Apr 9, 2003.

1. DustinDT

DustinDT Well-Known Member

Im pretty new to home theater and would like some suggestions on my plans below.

I need help deciding what to do with my home theater. Here is my current situation: I have a set of Klipsch quintets that I bought to use with a subwoofer, but even with the sub it seems like something is missing during music listening. They seem to do fine with movies however. I have recently purchased an Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s subwoofer (last Friday in fact). I liked the way it sounded but it has stopped working after 3 days. It is still under warranty and I will probably get to exchange it.

To help with music issue I'm thinking of exchanging the 1.2s for a pair of Intermezzo 2.6 bookshelf speakers, and working toward one of these DIY projects I have been reading about.

So if im correct in assuming the above will help with the music my question is...
    How do these DIY AV-12 and 15 (stryke driver)projects compare with the performance of the Intermezzo 1.2s.
    Im a 70/30 movies/music listener and I enjoy high subsonic spl levels.

Any suggestions??