What's new

Home Theater Speakers on a Budget (1 Viewer)

dwirish5

Auditioning
Real Name
ethan
Hi Everyone,

New to the forums. I am in the market for some home theater speakers. I currently have the Sony Bravia HTIB hooked up to my Mitsubishi 60737 (Beast) and Onkyo SR 507 Receiver. Pretty weak. I am on a budget, so I want to keep it around $500-600. The room is 15x18. I'd like to get a 5.1 system with Floorstanding fronts. I've looked at the Premier Acoustics/Fluance models, and people seem to be pretty hesitant about them on other forums. Anyone have any recommendations for a nice speaker system/component speakers that would make for a solid home theater system given the TV and Receiver? Opinions on Fluance / Premier Acoustics? Polk? Other lesser known brands that give you solid perfomance without the price tag would be preferable. I thought I'd leave this up to the people who are more savvy.

Thanks for all your help. Look forward to hearing your responses.

Current Setup:

60" Mitsubishi DLP WD-60737 120 hz 1080p
Onkyo SR-507 5.1 HDMI Receiver
Playstation 3 80GB
Sony Bravia HTIB 5.1 (Boo)

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
energy stuff from audioadvisor.com or a dayton sub and bic speakers from parts express jump to mind for 5.1 in that budget. if i really wanted to piece together something better i'd go for the psbc1 deal and get three of them for $99 each for the fronts and then pick up the dayton 12" sub and a pair of surrounds from part express and get my sub cable and speakr wire while i'm there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ethan:

You can get some solid deals on Polk speakers at places like Fry's com. For example, here are some nice towers for just $50 apiece. I purchased two Polk towers (R 30s) for my fronts, two Polk bookshelf speakers (R 15s) for my two rears and a Polk cSi 125 for my center speaker for my HT-on-a-budget. I'm very happy with them.

While I'm sure there are better sounding systems out there (many of them), I am thrilled with the quality the Polks afford me at that pricepoint. Give 'em a listen if you get the chance at a local store.

You can't beat the deals on these speakers at Fry's.

prtuek

Auditioning
Real Name
pr
I think this is good for u BRAVIA DAV-HDX285 5.1-Channel Theater System
The perfect choice for first time buyer home theater system 5.1-channel surround sound experience, or a high value solution for half of home theater system at home. It is a combination of 5-disc DVD / CD, 1000 watts home theater system, and an included iPod dock to enjoy your music. With the optional S-AIR receiver / speakers, you can easily listen to your music wirelessly in another room of your home. Using exclusive Sony S-AIR technology

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks