What's new

Home Theater Seating (1 Viewer)

MikeWh

Second Unit
I came upon this chair... thought others might be interested:

Lovan USA is supposed to introduce a new HT chair in August/September timeframe (their site says May, but the reps tell me Aug/Sep):
http://www.lovanusa.com/products/chair.asp

I had a little email conversation with the local rep, who indicated that they are:
  • free-standing/not bolt-down (although they look like traditional bolt-downs)
  • "attachable, but each chair will have 2 arms" (i.e., not the typical "chaining together"/shared armrest of traditional theater seats)
  • approx. $499 retail (not terribly competitive, IMHO)

This might be a nice alternative for those who like the blot-down look, but don't want to actually bolt them down!

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent for the price. Lovan makes quality merchandise, a optional fold out foot rest would have been nice, but you have lots of ottoman choices out there.
I think this HT seating industry is going to really start blossoming soon.

*some padding on the arm-rests might be welcome too*

MikeWh

Second Unit
Excellent for the price.
I didn't really think so... but it's hard to tell, since they haven't actually hit the streets, and I don't know what kind of quality they are. I was comparing them to traditional bolt-downs and some of the low-cost stand-alone HT recliners, like the Wal-Mart chairs ($150ish) discussed in another seating thread a couple months ago.

I told the local rep to keep me posted, when he gets one in town.

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
MikeWh,
Fair price may have been more appropriate. Any furniture considered for HT seems to carry a premium with it.
This is largely because there are still too few players in this market.

But my assessment (without actually seeing one close up) is going by the fact Lovan does not make junk.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Salamander TC-1's fit just fine in my HT. They are alot thinner thane some of the other HT seats I looked at.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I went with two different levels of seating for my HT. For the front I used La-Z-Boys and for the rear I purchased some seats once used in Radio City Music Hall. (See my HT site for details).

I recently saw that La-Z-Boy has introduced a new line of seats specifically designed for HT use. They look very flexible in terms of arrangement.

Here's a link:

http://www.lazyboy.com/ourfurniture/hometheater.asp

And these appear to be very configurable as this PDF file shows here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks