What's new

Home Theater PC to A/V Receiver issue (1 Viewer)

thors007

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor Thors
I have an Asus Essentio PC with intel GMA X3500 onboard graphics (HDMI) and i am trying to hook this up to my Pioneer VSX - 1018AH-K A/V Receiver. I am getting a cycling screen from blank to fuzz(snow) to windows login and back. The end of my Pioneer is an Optima projector. I have updated the graphic drivers on the Asus, i have hooked the Asus up directly to the projector via HDMI and there were no issues. My question is do i need ot purchase a HDMI switch or is there a setting i am missing. If i need ot purchase a HDMI switch can someone reccomend one with IR remote capabilies.

Trevor

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Hi Trevor, and welcome to the Home Theater Forum,

You may not have noticed it among all the sections, but we do have an area specifically for Computer and HTPC questions. I think you'll have a better chance of getting help from the folks how hang out there than in the beginners area, so I'm moving your post. A link will remain in "Beginners" for the next 30 days to direct members to the threads new location.

Again, welcome -

Joe

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
It seems like your Pioneer is having some HDCP handshake issues with your ASUS card - is the card HDCP compliant?

thors007

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor Thors
[SIZE= 20px]Phil, the graphics are onboard the asus essentio. the graphics chip Intel GMA X3500 has this in its specs "COPP/PMP w/ HDCP". [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks