What's new

Home Theater Lobby (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
I am almost done constructing my lobby. I am finishing up the tile work and will begin triming and installing the custom concession stand later this week.

I already purchased the following accessories:

* 6oz Popcorn machine
* Heated butter dispenser
* Galaga Arcade machine (very excited!!!)
* (thinking about a couple Bass GD locking poster frames)

But was wondering if those of you with lobbies could post pictures. I am looking for more ideas...

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my gawd!!!!!! Galaga!! That is my favourite game ever! Please enlighten us (me) with your acquisition story!

You already have the greatest lobby ever.

:star:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chip:

Nice looking setup. It must be nice to be able to build an addition on to your house for a dedicated HT. I look forward to seeing it completed. Our own Dr. Fowkes did a similar thing to his house a few years ago.

What type of FPTV are you going to be using?

Parker

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Parker,

Thanks for the comments. While it's nice to be able to build the HT to my exact specs, I would have preferred to have had an existing space to convert nonetheless due to the additional cost. My project is going on 18 months (not including design) and a good portion of the delay is due to the initial construction and associated costs/delays.

My current plan includes a Sony HS20 projector. When the project started I was looking at the Sanyo PLV70, but at the moment the HS20 seems to have overtaken the PLV70 in both features and cost. Who knows...by the time I'm at the point of purchasing the projector their may be another model that steps up. Such is the cycle of our hobby! :D

Keith M.

Second Unit
Paul:
Galaga has always been my favorite game. Im in my early thirties, and have dreamed of owning one ever since I first played it back in '81. Cant wait till its delivered! Its being fully restored and should take about a month to receive. Details will follow...

Chip:
The Cinema Murray is very nice. I will have a full wet bar in the billiards room. So my lobby consession stand is only about 4 feet wide. Enough to accomodate a popper and butter dispenser. Is the Maytag skybox worth it?? Does anyone make custom signs for them? Im not into sports...

Im very picky about the interior of my house. It all flows together very well right now, contemporary/earth elements (think pier 1 or world market). So Im just afraid of making it look tacky or whats the term kitsch??. Im not too crazy about a ticket booth. I do have the original signs from DTS, Dobly, and THX hanging in my equipment/media closet, but imho, thats where they belong. I dont want to go over board, too late heheh!! I want something tasteful but also items that give you the feeling of a real theater.

Has anyone had experience with the bass GD locking frames?

I think I would like a sign or something displaying the name of the theater, like a marquee...Who has these and what is the best price? Or should I make my own out of lettering?

Keep your ideas coming...

BTW, my theater is called "Lost Lakes Theater". I really want a sign kinda like the font/lettering from Jurassic Park or Indiana Jones spelling out the name. Anyone here who can do it? And then I could maybe surround it with indoor trees... geez im crazy! :D :D

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Keith,
build a M.A.M.E machine (Multi-Arcade-Machine Emulator) It can play 4000+ real arcade games in one arcade cabinet. I am in the process of building one out of an old video game cab. Need more info let me know.

BTW... I found out about MAME on another ht site . I was looking for things for my retro lobby, you can see my current lobby by viewing my webpage

Signed
Ed

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah Mame would be the way to go as long as you can find the ROMs you could build a maching for a lot less than $3000. It's something I've alway wanted to do but never got around to it. Not really set up fo building a cab, buying one is very expensive, best possible way would be locating an old cabinet to gut. But I've found none in my area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks