What's new

Home Theater In A Box or Buy Speakers and Receiver Seperately (1 Viewer)

centersnare30

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Bradley
I was looking at getting the Onkyo HT-S9300THX (link below) and I was wondering if you all thought this was a good buy. I found it for $779 on a few sites.

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S9300THX&class=Systems&p=i

If you don't think this is that great of a choice could you direct me to another theater in a box or a set of speakers and receiver to put together to make a set. I don't want to spend to much more then $800. I want something that is a step above the basics but definitely not ready to do anything crazy like buy the Klipsch [SIZE= 16px]Palladium P-39F Home Theater System[/SIZE], haha.

Thanks for your time

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Many of us would agree that Onkyo tends to produce some of the best HTib and you have selected their top of the line model. They come with a real receiver that has modern connections you will need, and can be upgraded to better speakers down the road. I don't think you will find a better overall HTib.

However, speaker selection is a very individual choice. Put five people in a room full of speakers and we all might choose different systems. So the question is are you happy with the sound that the speakers that come with 9300 produces. The only way you will know for sure is to compare them to other speakers that can be purchased as separates.

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
Go with the Denon DHT-591BA. . . .about $100 cheaper but sounds WAY BETTER!!! If I had to choose between Onkyo Speakers(not known for there speakers) and Boston Acoustics, I would pick the Boston Acoustics. Just my opinion. CB750 was right on about the speakers though. Everyone's ears are different. I LOVE KLIPSCH SPEAKERS, while other's hate them!!

Real Name
Helen Anne
This is a really crazy coincidence, but we just had Denon AND Boston Acoustics at the Projector People headquarters yesterday. They were training us on their new receivers and speakers.

I wrote a blog post about it, but what might interest you is the video below. You can "see" the receiver and speaker system in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks