What's new

Home Theater Enthusiasts in South Florida?? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Marty Troum
I've been looking for folks in the South Florida area (Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Delray, Boynton, West Palm, etc.) who would like to get together electronically or in person to share issues and interests in the home theater and music arenas. I have found it difficult to find people nearby who enjoy home theater and music enough to talk about it as a hobby (or at least with some knowledge of home theater, its equipment, its local suppliers, its software, its direction, etc.). Anyone interested?
Marty T.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
hey Marty-

I'm from Miami, but I'm currently going to school at UF, would love to get a meet, but don't know how many would seem interested, keep me posted if anyhing happens.

-Matt

Real Name
Marty Troum
I, too, am in the Boynton area. What are your interests and what kind of system do you have? My home theater/music system is based on a Lexicon MC-8 processor, Samsung DVD player, Toshiba universal disc player, Pioneer Elite laserdisc/CD transport, Outlaw amp, Technics turntable, Grado cartridge, Audio Alchemy phono preamp, Infinity Composition Prelude speakers (front L&R), B&W in-ceiling surrounds, DefTech CLR2000 center channel, Hitachi 51" HD-RPTV, and some other ansillary stuff. I'm into LPs, CDs, laserdiscs, DVDs, and just got into SACD & DVD-Audio. I'm interested in your experience with local vendors and A/V shops. Who and where are they?? I'm also interested in some of your recommendations for great sounds (many different genres) and great movies.
Marty

audioguy

Auditioning
Real Name
marty

Hi, Marty, just read your post. I have also been trying to reach out to other home theater enthusiasts. I live on the Boynton/Lake Worth border and have been into audio/video for many years. I would like to meet/chat with you and others that share this wonderful hobby.

Regards,
Marty S.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
Sounds like fun, keep me posted. Im regularly in the area.
Aaron Silverman (HTF Movie Reviewer) also lives in the Boynton area, and he is always willing to hook up (at least historically speaking).
Gregg

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I live in the OTHER South Florida - Fort Myers area. Most HT enthusiasts here still call the remote a 'clicker'. :laugh: The running joke is that if Florida is heaven's waiting room then Fort Myers is where their parents live... I'd sure like to find some folks nearby to share with.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hey guys,

I rarely check this forum these days, but feel free to PM me if anyone plans a local get-together. I live in Boynton.

Local Vendors and A/V shops? Best Buy, Circuit City, and sometimes Walmart if they have something I want on sale. ;)

There's a big Apex building off I-95 down near Ft. Lauderdale, but I've never been inside.

Users who are viewing this thread