1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home theater Door

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by vman1, Mar 27, 2011.

1. vman1

vman1 New Member

I wanted to know if anyone has any references to door manufacturers that create single pane doors with double paned glass with an air pocket between the two sheets of glass. I know solid core doors are the best for sound travel, however, natural light is very important in our application. Any references to companies that provide this would be of a great help. Thanks. Vman1

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    John-

For my theater I just used a fire rated door wood door that was designed to go between a house and the garage. Between the thickness and the weather stripping it has been working very well as a theater door and does a great job with the sound. Try looking for an "exterior" wood door as any glass in in should be double pane. I don't know what city you are in but in Seattle there is a store that specializes in doors. If you can't find anything at Lowes or Home Depot, ask for a referral to a door store from them.