1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home theater control, PC or Remotes or ???

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Todd^B, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Todd^B

Todd^B Well-Known Member

I am building a new house. I will have several locations with televisions and speakers throughout the house.

I will have surround (5.1) in 2 rooms with video, 7.1 in the theater room (obviously with video), in ceiling stereo speakers for televisions in at least 4 rooms, and music piped to about 4 other locations.

What would be the best way to control the audio/video sources for every room, so that I can access a large DVD changer, or possibly have a computer system that can store the videos on a hard drive, and also play different sources of music (CD, radio, ...)

I have been told of computer controlled systems, but they are very expensive. I have also seen some programmable remotes that will do a number of diffent things with the push of one button.

But, I am expecting to have several different units, such as a satellite reciever or two, a DVD/CD player, stereo, maybe VCR and possibly an input for internet radio.

Please help. The house is being built now, so this is the time to get the wiring in.