What's new

Home Media Magazine Reports SHREK arriving in its entirety (1 Viewer)

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Is that price right? I'm reading $50 for all 4 films on BR? That just seems really cheap as I'd expect to pay at least $80 if not more for all four films.

Not that I'm complaining if it is mind you, that's the "I will preorder this immediately" point for me.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That was my question when I read the story at the Bits last week. That's one heck of a price. I would have expected $100, frankly, for 4 BD's. Like Ryan, I'm not complaining either.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If that price is correct I'm definitely buying the set on release date. Way to price things enticingly, Dreamworks!

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Quote:

Is that price right? I'm reading $50 for all 4 films on BR? That just seems really cheap as I'd expect to pay at least $80 if not more for all four films.

Considering that there is no option to buy the first two films outside of the set, I think $50 MSRP would be reasonable, not cheap.

Anyway, it turns out that $80 is the actual MSRP, which if you want all four is great, but if, say, you only want the first...

Morsoth

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
Do you think we can expect to find all of the DVD Bonus Features on those Blu-Ray Editions?

I want to sell my 3 first Shrek movie before getting this collection (I'm keeping Shrek the Halls and Shrek 3D)

Thanks!

Morsoth

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
FYI... Here are the original supplements now missing in the new Blu-Ray release:

SHREK (2-Disc Edition DVD)

"HBO First Look: The Making of Shrek" Featurette
"Animation Interview: Meet The Press" Character Interviews
"The Tech of Shrek" Featurette
Theatrical Trailer
The Making of "Best Years of Our Lives" by Baha Men

SHREK 2 (DVD)

"Far Far Away Idol" Interactive Feature
"The Tech of Shrek 2" Featurette
"Meet the Cast" Featurette
"Meet Puss In Boots" Featurette (maybe like the new "Spotlight onPuss In Boots")
"The Music of Shrek 2" Featurette
"Technical Goofs" Featurette
"Far, Far Away Times" Headlines Gallery

SHREK 3 (Original Blu-Ray)

"Shrek's Guide to Parenthood" Featurette
----Donkey
----Puss in Boots
----Pinoccchio
----Gingy
"Meet The Cast" Featurette (10:41)
"Tech of Shrek" Featurette (9:57)
"Big Green Goofs" Animation Tests (1:58)
"The Animator's Corner" Picture-in-Picture Storyboards

Also missing are the short stories:

- Shrek 3D (AKA Shrek 4D)

- Shrek the Halls

- Scared Shrekless

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

I thought Shrek 4D was part of a Universal Studios ride and different from Shrek3D?

It is or was, not sure if it is still an attraction. It was also an extra DVD disc with Shrek 2 at Target Stores when that DVD was released, including glasses. I think that the short has also been bundled with a couple of reissues of the title in the past few years.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

I thought Shrek 4D was part of a Universal Studios ride and different from Shrek3D?

Sorry Eric, did not read the question right the first time. The short has been called both names. They called it Shrek 3D when it was bundled with the DVD's and Shrek 4D at Universal. It is one in the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks