What's new

Home Entertainment June 1 2002 NYCity Meet (1 Viewer)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Hey everyone - here it is - the Home Entertainment Expo 2002.
Home Entertainment 2002 (formerly the Hi-Fi Show) is a unique hands-on weekend extravaganza where you will see and hear the latest and best in home theater and high-performance audio. Back in New York City for the second year in a row, HE2002 promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive collection of innovative products the industry has to offer.
We tried this last year as a NYCity Meet, and although things went smoothly for the most part, I know there were issues with the hotel elevators, etc. I think this years show will be vastly improved...
any questions - email me at [email protected]
If you would like to attend - please sign up here...this is just preliminary for a approximate head count.
Also - if anyone has any suggestions...please do voice them!
Thanks, Eric.

RicP

Screenwriter
you know I'm there. :)
What day are you planning the meet? The show runs for 3-4 days. I think Saturday would be the WORST day to plan, as that was the major issue last year...too crowded.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Ric

I was thinking Saturday...but your right...Saturday last year at the show was the busiest. However, I want to include as many HTF'ers as possible...so if we change from Saturday....we could do Sunday or Friday. Thursday is a press/trade only date.

If we do Friday, I fear that many people won't be able to come due to work, school, etc....weekdays are usually tough for many people.

Therefore, that leaves Sunday. What does everyone think? June 2, 2002 ??

Eric.

Martice

Screenwriter
Hey I went last year on a Saturday and it was too crowded. Sunday is OK with me. I went alone but I knew that among the many there I was probably standing next to some of you that I speak to on this site.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
BTW, the ad for the show seems to say that you can attend
the Thursday show as long as you have pre-bought a ticket.
But I can make the Sunday show and look forward to seeing other LI HTF fans!
JohnG;)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Looks like we should have a decent turnout.....

So, SUNDAY it is for a HTF meet at the HiFi Show in NYCity at the Hilton...now...next step.....where does everyone want to eat? Any suggestions? The place to eat should be relatively close to the show itself...

Eric.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
I'm near Teaneck Rd between Route 4 and Cedar Lane.

How do I go about getting a ticket for Sunday?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Maybe we should have a Teaneck meet at the Glenpoint!

Actually, I'm between Sussex and River Rd, a block away from Bergenfield. Where are you Aaron?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I live on Griggs, right by Palisade Ave. (Near the post office.)
A Teaneck meet is a grand plan! I think we have the plurality vote on location, anyway. ;)

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Aaron - I'd be more then glad to join your Teaneck invasion guys!!! How far is it from Union, NJ?? Near Paramus? If so, it would not be a far drive for me at all.

All interested in City meet - as far as this NYCity meet goes...I am going to be planning it out starting this week. so far it looks like we have a tremendous turnout. I'd like to take suggestions on EATS and so far we have "Joe D's" Any other choices?

I believe now is the time to get tickets for Home Entertainment 2002. You can get them online at the site. I believe they are slightly discounted if you purchase in advance.

More later!

Eric.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Eric, Teaneck is a little more than 5 minutes from the Rt. 4-Rt. 17 interchange by the Garden State Mall.

I love the sound of "Home Theater Forum Teaneck Invasion 2002!"

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Last year's venue, Dallas BBQ, is still an option. Walking distance (if the show is in the same place), pretty inexpensive for that area, and can handle a large party no problem.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Daniel,
Teaneck Invasion 2002 sounds good to me!!!!
Let me know when you guys wanna do this invasion...:D
Aaron,
Dallas BBQ is certainly a viable option...any other votes?
Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks