What's new

HOLY S**T - I just saw the 2 BEST FREAKIN FLICKS OF THE SUMMER! (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
As I am under a confidentiality clause with both studios preventing from reviewing in detail either of these 2 movies...

I will tell you that by far.... These will BLOW you away...

I was very impressed with X-Men 2.... Creeped out by 28 Days and walloped by T3..... but nothing prepared me for these 2 and I had the pleasure of see both today....

Get ready for 2 of the most entertaining and impressive films (popcorn Summer fare).... so far this Summer....

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY MEN!

WOW... I ain't gonna be able to sleep tonight...

Dugger

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I certainly hope our tastes are compatible Chris, because I very much want to like these movies. Now fess up, how did you get to watch'em so early? :D

Can you at least talk about T3?

--
Holadem

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Holadem....

My job is that of programing movie theatres with product.

Exhibitor screenings were today on these 2 films and Bad Boys 2 follows tomorrow...

As for T3... I was very impressed with the story arc that unfolded.

It meshed with the Cameron concept very well... Never feeling like the writers had to bend the facts of the earlier story lines to get this one to fit.

Acting performances were dead on. Arnold looks just as good as he did in T2 and although the film clocks in ay 109m, it never makes you feel cheated. As the end of the film certainly offers up the sequel possibilities.... It not the ending one would expect and the writers must be given credit for not just "phoning it in".....

Like a claimed before... If you in to "Summer" popcorn fare... these films were excellent...

Dugger

VinceCar

Grip
From the trailers I definitely had very good first impressions, and its good to here that they have a great chance of living up to expectations.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great to hear Chris! Nice job.

Don't forget to let us know what you thought of BB2!

Brenton

Screenwriter
I've always thought the trailers for Pirates of the Carribean made it look like a good one, but I've been very underwhelmed so far by trailers for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I hope that your tastes rub off on me.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well I've been saying for some time that I thought Pirates was looking very good and they have been selling the film better and better with each round of trailers/TV Spots. It's my pick for surprise hit of the summer.

Now League has been through much discussed turmoil and our own Tino has had a source very close to the project to get many of the details and worries from that production. However, League wouldn't be the first production to have problems that didn't flop and the last few rounds of TV Spots have sold the film much better.

Certainly League has the potential to be a strong character piece (group of interesting characters I mean) and Tino's review of the script had me sold. I would have read it myself but I already have myself penciled in for opening weekend and didn't want to ruin that experience by reading the script first.

So of all your news, to me the fact that you really liked T3 comes as the biggest surprise.

Guess I need to go to the BO thread and makes some "quality of product" adjustments. :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
:b Great news about The League! Thanks Dugger.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well...I knew Pirates was gonna be good...but its VERY nice to hear that League is good...was worried about that one...

paul_v

Second Unit
Three very positive screenings reviews of League at Aint it Cool news. Seems like it's an impressive movie

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Excellent news, Chris.

Pirates is a film I really want to be good. We need a good, fun, swashbuckling Pirate movie, and my wife is DYING to see more of Orlando (and Ms. KK is fine by me).

LXG is having better ads, and I just want it to be fun.

I also want to hear about BBII. Bay back doing what he is the BEST at, without any pretenses. All 3 look great, and I might even crawl in to see T3. This could be the best summer in many, many years.

Take care,
Chuck

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I KNEW that LXG was going to be good! I was iffy about Pirates, but maybe I'll catch a matinee. Maybe 28 Days too.

But so far for me...X2 is the best film on the summer. It improved heavily on the first, brought great action...it was damn near perfect.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Pirates of the Carribean looks crappy (Cutthroat Isaland anyone?). I have no desire to see it.

Leage of Extrodinary Gentlemen looks really good but will people want to see a Pirate movie and will be really want to see LXG because the previews dont tell enough about it in my opinion to get peoples interest up.
The marketing of the latter has not been very good.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Leage of Extrodinary Gentlemen looks really good but will people want to see a Pirate movie and will be really want to see LXG because the previews dont tell enough about it in my opinion to get peoples interest up.
The marketing of the latter has not been very good.
I agree. Never read the comic book, so I am not bothered by the changes, although I understand comic fans are very angry about some of the changes and I understand that (they do sound quite significant).
Anyway, a friend of mine asked me this week about LXG because he saw the trailer and was curious about what it actually was. When I explained the basic premise "Great literary characters team together", the film immediately went from being a 'possibly see' to a 'must see' film for him. If they had played this aspect up a bit, it might cause a few more people to be curious enough to see it. Or not. We'll see how the film does.
The other thing that annoyed me about the trailer I saw was that they were really playing Connery's role up, making him the star. I thought he was part of a TEAM. Not one man with a few hangers-on.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Bad Boys 2 -

2 Hours and 25 minutes.....

Everything that has NOT been BLOWN UP in T3.... Everything that has not shot from MATRIX:RELOADED... Every car not wrecked in 2 FAST have all been move to BB2 for destruction....

I must admit that although very slick... BB2 starts to get old 1 hour in.... Back is the Smith/Lawerence banter and comedy... Bruckhiemer standard action package.... but to much is TOO much....

Truly a fun actioner... the film just runs too long.... script is there, but this one suffers from RELOADED syndrome... The action drives the script... not like T3 where the script drove the action.

Dugger.....

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
2h 25m!?!? That definately seems way to long for a Bad Boys movie. 90-105 minutes is more what I was expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks