What's new

Holy Grail: SE Glitch thread, part 2 (1 Viewer)

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, when I emailed CTHE in California, they confirmed this address in North York and in about 4 weeks I had my replacement-of-the-replacement disc..... sent via UPS from their warehouse in Wisconsin. I'm pleased to report that the disc was umblemished this time around, no subtitles pop up during play, but the retainer button broke in the case the first time I tried to remove the disc to play it.
Close enough. :)

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
I sent the whole thing back, outer slip case and all. I wasn't confident that they would replace it otherwise, since the first direction way back when this whole thing started was to not just send the disc.

I figured why take any chances to cause delay.

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help. I'll be sending my copy in after Christmas. No point in chancing it getting lost in the current flood of packages. :)

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is very lazy of me but rather than search back through the thread can one of you post the U.S. e-mail for CTHE. My brother has a glitchy disc and should send it in.
Feel free to insult my laziness. :)
Matt

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I also picked up a copy randomly at work a couple weeks ago and it played without the subtitles popping up from time to time, but still was missing the very first burned-in Swedish subtitled movie title optical.

It could very well have been an omission on the restored negative they used and Sony decided not to add it via the video subtitles (since it would look out of place).

Dan

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
It could very well have been an omission on the restored negative they used and Sony decided not to add it via the video subtitles (since it would look out of place).
First, Rob is right that it was on the restored prints that were exhibited. Second, those subtitles wouldn't be on the negative, anyway. If they were on the negative, they would've already been burned-in on the print used and hence there wouldn't've been a need for player-generated subs.

DJ

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, the new version has the subtitles for the dialogue 'locked' so that you have to turn them on from the menu before you play the movie. They can't be switched on and off 'on the fly'.

The first 'sweedish'subtitle is still missing as noted in the posts above, other than that, all now seems to be ok.

BarrieT

Auditioning
That's a shame CTHE are still being boobs about unwilling to correct these issues after all this time. I'd love to own this on dvd but they're not getting my money as long as it remains in its currently shoddy form.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I bought this DVD (finally) at Target last night... I can confirm that I got the corrected version :)
(although the first sub is still missing... doesn't bother me too much though)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks