What's new

Holy Grail problem (1 Viewer)

Andy W

Stunt Coordinator
The following information may be useless, maybe not. I purchased Holy Grail at Best Buy on its release date last October, but never opened it due to the subtitle problem (turning on and off indiscriminately) reported in this thread. Hoping that the corrected disc has since found its way onto consumer shelves, I decided to exchange my unopened copy for a new one.

I have now played the new (exchanged) disc, and it behaves as reported above. The subtitles can only be turned on and off through the menu and not on the fly with the subtitle button on the remote. The subtitles do not pop up indiscriminately on their own as the original pressing did on so many different players. What a relief.

My old unopened disc had a VIP points promotion sticker on it and a near square, white color price tag showing only the title name and price.

The new disc did NOT have a VIP points promotion sticker on it, and the price tag was the long, thin rectangular type with the blue border. This long, rectangular sticker had three numbers on it separated by slashes. From left to right the numbers are: 4293687*/B038037/202.

Checking through the stock (there were several copies on the shelf), I noticed the left number was the same for all copies, but the middle number (B038037) was different on some copies. Some had a lower number. Copies with a lower number had a VIP points sticker on it. Copies with a higher number did NOT have the VIP sticker. I took the highest number on the shelf. I cannot remember if the right hand number (202) was different from one copy to another or not.

These numbers may tell us nothing conclusively as I don’t know what they represent. They do not correlate with the disc’s ISBN, bar code, or studio serial numbers on the cover. But I thought I would share this with you just in case I may be on to some way of identifying the corrected discs (at a Best Buy).

I probably just got lucky, but maybe these numbers might tell us something.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
The sticker you are mentioning may be the Best Buy price sticker. The 429 number may be the sku. Look at your receipt and see if it matches the disc. I'll have to look at work tomorrow and see for myself. The second B number I have no idea what that is. The last number might be the store number. Check your receipt and see if it is store #202.

Andy W

Stunt Coordinator
Prentice, you are correct on both counts. Thank you.

The 4293687 number is on the receipt on the far left column before the word “DVD”, but I do not find this number anywhere on the DVD case itself. The receipt also shows the store number as 0202.

So does anybody know what the middle “B038037” number means on the price tag I described above? As I stated before, this number is not the same on all Holy Grail DVDs I saw at Best Buy, and I picked up the DVD with the highest number. The DVD is also behaving like the corrected version described above. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks