What's new

Holy Cow! Take A Look At These Speaker Systems!!!! (1 Viewer)

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is wow! I know someone that actually sells these and sells them for hundreds more. If I can only afford them. These all look amazing. For $500-$600 INCLUDING SHIPPING these speaker packages look good.

http://www.4seating.com/index_TheaterAudioSystems.htm

Can someone give me an insight on how these sound?

I like the:

DTT-1610/1611
DTT-2810/2811
DTT-2800/2801

speaker packages. All these are $599 shipped to your doorstep. Man O' Man if I had the money!

Cree

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading the specs. The weight on some of them is low for a big tower. Low weight means they are using thinner MDF panels or maybe even particle board. Maybe for that price you got to assemble them yourself

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was reading the specs, and it says "1400w of total power". Speakers by themselves do not provide power, so this spec is of little or no use. It doesn't say anywhere that these speakers are powered. They LOOK nice yes, but sound is a little more important. Take a look at Dogg Digital, their advertising sounds very similar...

terence

Supporting Actor
NEWS FLASH

THIS JUST IN.......

"White Van Speakers go via internet!"

Our website is over flowing with speakers, and my boss said since we have to many. I can sell them for $600.00! They MSRP is really $1,500.00 - $2,500.00! So what do you say you take these off our hands! ;) Hurry act now, their going fast!

YEEEAAAH RIGHT! :thumbsdown: :laugh: :laugh: :D

WayneO

Supporting Actor
You'd browse right past these and go buy real speakers?

It's so funny people thinking they can sneak in cheesy plugs for junk. It's the same old "have you heard these? They must be great!" lines you see for all these types of speakers.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
If I had huge sums of disposable cashola I wouldn't mind ordering one of those sets to see if it was junk. Who knows, it might be a great deal if the sound quality and performance is at least on par with other packages in that price range because you get the nice exterior designs on top of that.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are making fun of these speaks. I really don't care much...Well I ask you guys this....Whats the difference btw JBL N-Series and these speakers? Probably not that big of difference. Yes companies will always hang high retail prices on speakers, so it makes it look like you are getting a huge value. I am not really concerned about MSRP. Overall, these speaks look solid. I don't care about weight either. Since when does weight dictate a speakers sound quality? I'm confused hear. Towers do not have to be 100 lbs to have good sound quality. Its a big misconception.

Cree

WayneO

Supporting Actor
For someone who hasn't heard them, you sure run on and on about them..............Bose look nice in pictures too.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Taken directly from their site:

Powered by the subwoofer??? WTF?! With the information they provide, I don't think they know what in the heck they're talking about. They need a new editor too! :)

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator

this is sometimes true, Monitor Gold Ref series is a good example. However, good solid speakers, especially towers, should have a good weight behind them. Do you think a speaker is going to sound as good with 1/4 in plywood instead of 3/4 MDF?

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Yup, these are the "White Van" speakers. Not a good deal. Waaaay over priced.

Digital Theater Technology also known as Jam Trading - Theater Research.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Im with WayneO on this one...

My BS detector is ringing off the hook...

Why would you need our opinion on how they sound???

Why wouldn't you just ask your friend who "sells them for hundreds more" to let you hear them, or at least ask him for his "insight on how they sound"?

:angry:

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Let me give you a good example here. Okay...The New JBL E100. This speaker (based on the J&R website) says 55 lbs each. So does this mean that these speakers will sound bad? What I am getting at is that their are a quite of few JBL Northridge speaker owners. Maybe not their towers, but maybe their bookshelf series as well. So they must be doing something good in their speakers!

What I am trying to say is that people will pay for brand name, mainstream or non-mainstream speakers. What difference does a 50 lbs speaker sound over a 55 lbs speaker. Absolutely a very difficult way of trying to discover a speakers sound quality. Yes I desire craftsmanship/well built speakers, but you will pay at a much much higher cost.

I am not trying to defend these stupid speakers. But I am trying to give you a perspective. I really don't care if these speakers sound better than most $3k-$5k speakers. Who cares?!?!? I am not in the market here to brag or boast. I am hear to inform people around here. These speakers have the potential of sounding good.

I used to be a JBL S38 bookshelf speaker owner. I loved those speakers. Quite frankly, they were the most popular bookshelf around $300 pr. The build quality was good, but they used cheap parts on that speaker. However, it turned out to be a good speaker.

Cree

Eric Eash

Second Unit
well then, i think you should save up your money and get them. the problem here is that most people here buy speakers because of how they sound. that is what they are made for, reproducing sound. if you want speakers that just look good, i'm sure these would do. there is however well documented cases of fraud when it comes to speaker manufacturers such as theater research and dogg digital. many people have disected these "white van" speakers to find $1 drivers in cardboard enclosures with NO crossover. sure, sound will come out, but sound also comes out of styrofoam cups when you are 6 years old and have a string between them. bottom line; do some research on these speakers first. this forum is a good place, avsforum.com audioreview.com and of course google.com.

here is one link to get you started, white van scam

good luck,

eric

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

WOW!!! I'd never heard of this before, except that about a year ago, two guys in a white van pulled up next to me and said "Do you want to buy some stereo speakers?"

I figured they were hot, laughed and said "No thanks."

They followed me until I decided it was time to get rid of them... Glad I did...

Anybody know more about the people behind this? Is this a single crew pulling this, or are they all affiliated somehow??? (The art of Congames is a hobby of mine.)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
These are white van speakers

Read this guy's post history. Most of it is buy/sell stuff.

Put me down for a hustler vote.

Kevin*Ha

Agent
I'm not surprised you've encountered one of the "White Vans" - I've lived in 3 cities that are ~5000 miles apart and I've been approached by them in all three. It's one of the oldest scams around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks