1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hollywood Video "MVP" Program?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Holadem, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Holadem

Holadem Well-Known Member

For $8 month (the cost of 2 rentals), you can borrow most DVDs, 3 out at a time, unlimited number of times. Late fees apply.

The exception is of course really new releases, it takes perhaps six weeks for them to be available that way.

Despite my 5 out at the time Netflix account, I spend much more than $8 a month at HV (it's at 5 min from my house), typically because I want something right away rather than waiting.

Netflix is awesome, but it's not perfect. I have returned many a movie without watching them because, while I may have been in the mood for them when I pushed them to the top of my queue, my interest shifted elsewhere by the time they got here.

Instant gratification has it's perks...

So I am now reducing Netflix account to 3 out at a time, putting the difference toward Hollywood Video, AND saving like $3 [​IMG]. Best of both worlds.

--
    H