1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn 3 disk Collector's Set Oct. 14 2008

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Garysb, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Garysb

Garysb Well-Known Member

2. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Well-Known Member

3. Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF Well-Known Member

How many DVD releases of this title does this make?

4. ted:r

ted:r Well-Known Member

Oooh...a colorized version also? At $26.98? Is there an easier must pass than this?

5. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Well-Known Member

blackface in color...

6. BethHarrison

BethHarrison Well-Known Member

What about their noir and classic horror? [​IMG]

You would seriously have to love this movie with a passion to continually double like this.

7. Charles H

Charles H Well-Known Member

"Nothing to see here, people. Move along." I wish that HTF would create a new fprum about the cynical and relentless repackaging and recycling of old product by studios like Universal that are too cheap and lazy to bring out new product.

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Three in R1. That's if you count the colorized one as a release. I assume the disc with the black and white version will be the same authoring as the previous disc.

Regards,

9. KellyVO

KellyVO Well-Known Member

Wow why does this need to be released again? The only thing new is the color version and a CD. All the other extras are exactly the same from the last release!

The last DVD release was fine and from what I heard the picture was better than on the original DVD.

It would be nice to have the CD but I will not rebuy this again!

10. ahollis

ahollis Well-Known Member

Allen
    I guess the one question that is being asked is:

Why?

Also is a four disc version of "Going My Way" far behind? This is most certainly is a leave it on the self for me and I guess that Best Buy will carry this and then say older films do not sell.

There are so many other titles that Universal could have done instead of spending time on Colorizing and making a CD soundtrack. More Fields, Island of Lost Souls, The Univited, anything would have been more exciting news than this.

Universal should read the news conernng the Fox and Warner profits, in that they increased their DVD sales and profits, true it was from some of the newer releases, but the older titles did not hurt them and Universal and Sony had decreasing DVD profits. Sony understands now.

And while I am on that soapbox. I cringe at all the advertising that Paramount is spending on their re-releasing of all their old 80's titles under "I Love The 80's" Think what that would have done for the Legend Paramount releases. Those titles are just as viable as the 80's collection, let alone what is still left in the vault. Paramount goes to the well again and again.