What's new

Holiday Challenge 2012 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Since I had to work Christmas Eve and Day, I'm using the 26th & 27th to watch the rest of my Christmas stuff.
With me working and being worn out from customers, I just either didn't have all the time I wanted to watch all my stuff,
or just wasn't in the mood when I wanted to be.
Currently I'm listening to IHeart radio for some Christmas music.
So glad they play this stuff even after Christmas.
Here is stuff I watched just recently.
WKRP in Cincinnati
#211 "Jennifer's Home for Christmas" a nice, simple Christmas episode with the staff doing a rushed staff Christmas party
then heading to Jennifer's to give her a real Christmas party.
Not many laughs but still nice to see
#307 "Bah, Humbug" just the standard TV episode of a show doing a Christmas Carol.
There's nothing that great about this episode.but we do find out the origin of Les' Bow tie.
A Christmas Story (1983) A movie that is a tradition to watch every Christmas Day. First time watching it on Blu-ray.
There's so many wonderful things about this movie. A true classic. Santa kicking Ralphie down the slide and seeing his reaction when Santa tells him, " You'll shoot your eye out kid." Is just my absolute favorite Christmas movie moment.
Benson #410 "Mary and her Lambs" Oddly a very rushed and short story of Benson saving two kids from being sent to an orphanage on Christmas Day.
The orphan story only lasts ten minutes and then the rest of the episode is the cast singing Christmas Carols. I did like Didi Conn playing the piano and having her singing moments.
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia #613 "A Very Sunny Christmas" I'm a fan of the show, so I really loved this Christmas episode.
There's enough insanity and laughter to make this a pleasure to watch. Frank buying the gifts everyone wants for Christmas and then keeping them for himself and showing them off to everybody is so evil, but yet hilarious.
Jeffersons #512 "George Finds a Father" a surprisingly good Christmas episode. I really enjoyed every moment of it.
Maybe someone can verify this but, in this episode George uses the N word. Has he done that before in previous episodes?
There's plenty of Florence and George banter to make this a joy to watch even if you're not watching it for the Christmas aspect.
The Monkees #215 "The Christmas Show" I don't think I've ever seen a full episode. Just bits and pieces from its MTV days.
But seeing this full episode was great. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. There's also a great staff get together to say Happy Holidays at the end of the episode.
Three's Company #214 "Three's Company" Sadly this is the only Christmas episode in its eight year run.
I love watching this every year. We learn Chrissy real full name. I love the scene the three of them having Christmas together.
The one bad thing about this is that it ended too soon. I would have loved to see them at the Stevenson's Christmas party.
Too Close for Comfort #311 "Mr. Christmas" just an okay Christmas episode. There's been way better episodes.
Community #211 "Abed's Uncontrolable Christmas" the whole episode is done in Rankin & Bass style stop motion animation. My least favorite Community Christmas episode. There are a few funny moments, but I prefer their live action Christmas episodes better. It was funny seeing the cast as Christmas characters.
Doctor Who "The Snowmen" An absolute fantastic episode. New companion who could possibly be my all time favorite.
The new theme song and opening titles are a welcome pleasure and really make you feel like a Doctor Who fan.
The snowmen are scary and creepy and would love to see them again like the weeping angels
After seeing this episode it makes me want to get the Doctor Who audios of The abominable Snowmen/Web of Fear.
I have much more to watch tonight.
I have a handful of Amen episodes.
Also have two more episodes of Are You Being Served?
Plus I still need to watch for the first time, Muppet Christmas Carol
And I know I have other stuff too...
Amazon does have this that I would like to get for next years challenge.
They also have a few other TV collections like this that I might pick up.
It's kind of sad that this challenge is over with.
I had lots of fun. Also loved other people's involvement.
I'm looking over your list of what you all watched.
Some great stuff was watched.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
JohnS said:
It's kind of sad that this challenge is over with.
Not yet! It runs until the 31st! :)
I updated my list with the stuff from the past week or so. I mostly watched favorites but there were a few odd-balls there due to a checklist from the other site where I'm also participating in a Holiday Challenge.
One of those odd-balls was a train-wreck called Santa Claus from 1959. I thought Christmas Vacation 2 was the hands-down worst holiday film I'd ever seen until this turkey. The *only* thing that saved it was I watched the MST3K version. Keep in mind that I generally do *not* like MST3K and found their in-film comments to be no better than most of their efforts. The wrap-around segments were the only thing that kept me watching. The film actually has a restored collector's edition available in both DVD and Blu-ray! You *really* have to be a hard core "bad film aficionado" to want to own this one.
So far I've managed to stay with my goal of watching at least *one* holiday themed film or TV program every day. As we're coming down to the wire it's becoming a bit harder as I've watched all of my favorite holiday films (except for Home Alone) and TV episodes. I only have a few *true* holiday films left in my collection which I've not watched this year. The majority of the "left overs" are those Rankin-Bass stop motion things. Yeah, I'm a bit of a Scrooge... I don't like them (but I've never cared for that type animation, even when a kid) and own them for the grandkids. Digging out single episodes of TV material has become a bit of a pain and the broadcasters/cablecasters have apparently stopped running old holiday episodes so I may resort to using those films with more tenuous ties to the holidays (Batman Returns, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, etc.) to finish up.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Something I'm looking at for next year...
I see that Hulu Plus has all 38 seasons of SNL.
I was thinking about watching one classic Christmas episode everyday for the next challenge.
I have only seen a select few episodes from the classic era.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Not over yet? lol My big sis takes her tree and all decore down the day after. Although it may get delayed this year since I broke a part of her house. But she won't let me pay for it. What a fun Christmas!! :P

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
More stuff I watched Dec 26th and a few hours ago
TV Guide's Where are They Now? A Christmas Story A great special for any Christmas Story fan that shows you what the cast are doing today.
The cast also shares some stories from the time they spent on the set.
TV Guide's 25 Most Hilarious Holiday TV Moments shows some known and unknown moments from TV holiday specials. Some are great and some others are just down right awful. They also show a scene from a Christmas episode of Beverly Hills 90210 that truly looks horrid.
Denis Leary's Merry Fuckin' Christmas I'm a fan of Denis Leary, so this special was funny and entertaining Great moments with William Shatner reading poor kid letters to other kids and laughing about their situations. And Morgan Sperlock doing a 30 day challenge of watching A Very Brady Christmas. Having recently watched A Very Brady Christmas made this even funnier since I relates to the pain.
Amen #413 "Thelma Frye, Dough Girl" Not really a fan of Amen but I'll watch it occasionally because of Sherman Helmsley. A mediocre Christmas episode that does have a semi funny moment of Thelma in the kitchen. a little ridiculous but funny.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents #123 "Back for Christmas" An episode that has nothing to do with Christmas except the fact that a couple are going away during December and have to make it back before Christmas. I won't give away the ending.
Parks and Recreation #410 "Citizen Knope" Not a full blown Christmas episode but what little they do of Christmas is funny. The non Christmas stuff is better, like Leslie calling her special group PCP.
And I'm still not done.
Movies-13
TV episodes-68
Specials-32
Total Christmas things watched-113

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
As this challenge comes to a close, I'm curious to know if anyone wants to do a Valentine's/ Black history month challenge.
Same thing as the holiday challenge, no points. Just to have fun.
I watched a few more things.
Amen #505 "Miracle on 134th St." This is a two part episode where TVOne only played part one.
I never knew it was a two parter until I looked it up. I thought it ended oddly without any indication of it being continued.
It's an enjoyable episode. Looks like I have to wait until next Christmas to see if I can catch part 2 somewhere.
Friends #511 "The One with All the Resolutions" a funny episode that has Chandler taking a bet he can go a week without being funny.
Rachael isn't allowed to Gossip. A few funny moments. The whole leather pants thing with Ross was just a little over the top.
Happy New Year, Charlie Brown Not a memorable Charlie Brown special, but it's still something nice to watch at this time of the year.
I like the Snoopy and Woodstock moment getting dressed for New Years. and the Lucy moment looking for dog germs in her root beer was really funny with a great Snoopy reaction.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The Juggler Of Notre Dame(1982)
I just watched this on Youtube. This seemed to be on PBS constantly in the early to mid 80's......then it disappeared.
A rarity, and quite good short film with a powerful ending focusing on a juggler hobo with a ton of guilt, and a desperate need for redemption.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
No plans for Feb so whatever works. I plan on a WWWW (Wilent Western Winter Woundup) for Jan. since I just got around sixty silent Westerns for Christmas.
I did watch DJANGO UNCHAINED a couple days ago and it was excellent. People shouldn't wait for Feb. though.
LES MIS. is a bit of a stretch but there is a scene with Santa and a hooker.
Les Miserables (2012) :star::star::half: (Theater)
I've never seen such a beautiful film so perfectly put together but fall so terribly apart. I will admit upfront that I've never seen any musical version of this Victor Hugo story so I really didn't have any expectations going in. The story itself is a classic as Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) can't escape his past and especially with Javert (Russell Crowe) constantly on his trail. LES MISERABLES, on a technical level, is quite an achievement and I must say that I might even call it flawless. The costume designs are downright breathtaking as were the set designs. I know some of the sets were created using CGI but I never found them to be distracting as they blended in quite well with the real footage. I also thought the music score was performed at a very high quality and help spark some energy. I also thought the performances were strong for the most part. The "live singing" approach was a mixed bag but I thought Jackman did an extremely good job with it. I also thought Anne Hathaway was good during her numbers including the emotional "I Dreamed a Dream," which was clearly the highlight of the film. Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter and Amanda Seyfried were all good in their roles as well. It seems most of the controversy is coming from Crowe but I thought he was just fine. He was perfect for the character but it seems his singing is upsetting most people. While it wasn't what you'd typical expect to see in a musical, I thought it was good enough and in some ways its roughness fit the character. Now, the biggest problems with me and this film is that there simply wasn't any emotional connection to any of the characters. I thought this here was the film's fatal flaw because there was just nothing here that drew me to the characters and I must say that I wasn't overly impressed with all of the songs. I also felt the running time really dragged due to some poor pacing, which caused this film to seem twice as long as it really was. With that said, I'm guessing those who love the musical are going to love this version. It certainly has the look and sound but to me that simply wasn't enough.
New Year's Eve (2011) BOMB (HBOHD)
Garry Marshall's latest puke-fest centers on a wide range of people, all of them dealing with either a bad relationship, death or being single. NEW YEAR'S EVE is without question one of the worst bombs one person is ever going to see and it's pretty clear from the first bits of dialogue that we've been given a movie without any sort of brain. In fact, I honestly felt myself getting dumber as this picture went along and it's clear that there's no reason for this thing to exist. The most confusing thing is wondering why so many stars, many of them Oscar-winners, would agree to do something like this. I certainly hope it was for the money. Let's just run down the actors who agreed to do this thing: Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry, Zac Efron, Cary Elwes, Alyssa Milano, Seth Myers, Jessica Biel, Katherine Heigl, Jon Bon Jovi, Sofia Vergara, Ashton Kutcher, James Belushi, Sarah Jessica Parker, Larry Miller, Penny Marshall, Hilary Swank, Hector Elizondo, John Lithgow and Matthew Broderick. Should they be ashamed of themselves? Perhaps but the real villain here is the screenplay, which is one of the worst I've ever seen in a major Hollywood production. No comedy. No romance. No drama. Some of the worst written and most annoying characters you're ever going to see. Even worse is that many of the stars are put in roles that they're not fit for and most of the relationships are flat as there's no chemistry between the stars. NEW YEAR'S EVE is a complete mess of a movie and it's just downright shocking that anyone could find any sort of entertainment in it. It's so sad to see many great films being overlooked while stuff like this gets made.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just about done with my Christmas stuff.
I really want to try and get in New Years Eve but it sounds really bad and don't know if I want to subject myself to the misery right now.
Amen #111 "Your Christmas Show of Shows" A good Christmas episode with Sherman Helmsley trying to put on a kids Christmas play.
They show the play but only lasts a few minutes.
#211 "The Tweleve Songs of Christmas" an enjoyable episode, but there is a lot of singing. The singing takes up half the episode.
It's still a good episode to watch to get you in the spirit.
A Chipmunk Christmas The good versions of the chipmunks. 80's and Chuck Jones animation. Good story and you get classic chipmunk songs.
Rudolph's Shiny New Year An EXCELLENT holiday special. I love all the characters. Baby Bear being one of my favorites.
Great special for kids to watch about people that look different. My favorite NON-Christmas special.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Radioman970 said:
Not over yet? lol My big sis takes her tree and all decore down the day after.
I always wonder why people like that bother to put up a tree in the first place. Though I suppose for those still using a real, natural tree, it's probably pretty dried up.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I think she does enjoy it but she's just ready to move on to the next thing. Plus, my 2 nieces are about 12 or so and still love the whole Christmas thing. According to my mom, they are at the stage where Santa is still real because there will be more presents. :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Even though it's just me and my dog in an apartment. I'm looking at buying a white artificial tree that I can decorate.
I'll shop Amazon and see what I can find for next year.
I'll start the Valentine's/Black History Month Challenge on Feb 1st.
I won't have a calendar, as it will mainly be Movie stuff.
This makes it a good chance to burn off watching all my blu-rays I haven't seen yet.
I watched two things today.
Barney Miller #807 "Homeless" a much better Christmas episode than the #512 "toys" But still doesn't provide much laughs.
Maybe I'm just not into Barney Miller or need to find a funnier episode.
Amen #309 "The Deacon's Donkey" an enjoyable episode that has the Deacon using real biblical animals in the nativity church scene.
The donkey gets sick and is about to die. The episode is good just for that aspect. And another Christmas episode that uses it's last minutes with church choir singing.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
17 Christmas Vacation (1989) (DVD on 12/22/12) :star::star::star::star:
Yearly favourite that I hope to eventually replace on bluray.
18 The Box (2009) (Bluray on 12/30/12) :star::star::star:
Not really a Christmas movie but it does take place during the Christmas season so what the heck. Liked
it better than first time around but the movie is still a bit of a mess. The movie poses an interesting
psychological question but fails in answering. Still there was enough here for me to enjoy this time around.
Was away for a week over Chrismas. Though there were Chrismas related videos playing I wasn't really paying attention
in order to include them.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm officially closing out my Christmas viewing.
Anything that I had left over, which was a good handful of stuff, will be saved for next Christmas.
I had lots of fun watching stuff.
Hope to see most of you back for next years.
I managed to watch one thing today
TV Guide's 25 Most Heartwarming TV moments
Another fun countdown of Christmas stuff.
Some of the stuff is heartwarming, but other stuff on their list shouldn't really be there.
They had #24 from A Very Brady Chistmas where mike gets pinned under the rubble and the Brady's sing.
Very sappy, but yet they were just making fun of this in their other 25 Christmas list special.
Since there seems to be an edit malfunction, looks like instead of editing your lists, you'll just have to repost them.
This will be my official list.
MOVIES=13
12 Dates of Christmas (viewed on ABC Family on 12/8/12)
All I Want for Christmas (1991) (viewed on AMCHD on 12/13/12)
A Christmas Story (1983) (viewed on blu-ray on 12/25/12) *
Home Alone (1990) (viewed on Blu-ray on 12/19/12) *
Home Alone 2 (1992) (viewed on Blu-ray on 12/24/12) *
Home Alone 5: Holiday Heist (2012) (viewed on ABCFAMILY on 12/2/12)
Look who's Talking Now (1993) (viewed on Encore-HD on 12/18/12)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) (viewed on Blu-ray on 12/20/12) *
Nightmare Before Christmas 3D (1993) (viewed on 3D Blu-ray on 12/20/12) *
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) (viewed on BLU-RAY on 11/22/12)
The Ref (1994) (viewed on SHOWTIME HD on 11/25/12) *
Ri¢hie Ri¢h's Christmas Wish (1998) (viewed on ABC Family on 12/16/12)
Terror Train (1980) (viewed on BLU-RAY on 11/23/12)
TV SHOWS=72
Alfred Hitchcock Presents #123 "Back for Christmas (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/27/12)
Amen #309 "The Deacon's Donkey" (viewed on TVOne on 12/29/12)
Amen #413 "Thelma Frye, Dough Girl" (viewed on TVOne on 12/27/12)
Amen #505 "Miracle on 34th Street Part 1" (viewed on TVOne on 12/28/12)
Are You Being Served? #309 "Christmas Crackers" (viewed on DVD on 12/20/12) *
Are You Being Served? #407 "The Father Christmas affair" (viewed on DVD on 12/20/12) *
Barney Miller #512 "Toys" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/20/12)
Barney Miller #807 "Homeless" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/29/12)
Benson #410 "Mary and Her Lambs" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/25/12)
Benson #613 "Home for Christmas" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/24/12)
Big Bang Theory #611 "Santa Simulation" (viewed on CBSHD on 12/13/12)
Bob's Burgers #305 "An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal" (viewed on FOXHD on 11/23/12)
Bob's Burgers #309 "God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins" (viewed on FOXHD on 12/17/12) *
Castle #509 "Secret Santa" (viewed on ABCHD on 12/4/12)
Chuck #208 "Chuck Versus the Gravitron" (viewed on bluray on 11/23/12) *
Chuck #211 "Chuck Versus Santa Claus" (viewed on BLU-RAY on 11/29/12) *
The Cleveland Show #403 "A General Thanksgiving Episode" (viewed on FOXHD on 11/25/12)
The Cleveland Show #404 "Turkey Pot Die" (viewed on FOXHD on 11/28/12)
The Cleveland Show #406 " 'Tis The Cleveland To Be Sorry" (viewed on FOXHD on 12/17/12)
Community #112 "Comparative Religion" (viewed on Hulu Plus Ipad on 12/18/12) *
Community #211 "Abed's Uncontrolable Christmas" (viewed on Hulu Plus Ipad on 12/26/12)
Community #310 "Regional Holiday Music" (viewed on Hulu Plus Ipad on 12/18/12) *
Dexter #711 "Do You See What I See?" (viewed on ShowtimeHD on 12/10/12)
Don't Trust the B--- In Apartment 23 #204 "It's a Miracle..." (viewed on ABCHD on 11/24/12)
Family Guy #907 "Road to the North Pole" (viewed on TBSHD on 12/21/12) *
Friends #209 "The One with Phoebe's Dad" (viewed on Nickelodeon on 12/16/12)
Friends #511 "The One with all the Resolutions (viewed on Nickelodeon on 12/28/12)
Friends #710 "The One with the Holiday Armadilo" (viewed on Nickelodeon on 12/16/12)
Friends #811 "The One with the Creepy Holiday Card" (viewed on Nickelodeon on 12/16/12)
Friends #910 "The One With Christmas In Tulsa" (viewed on Nickelodeon on 12/18/12)
Futurama #208 "Xmas Story" (viewed on Comedy Central-HD on 12/20/12) *
Futurama #402 "A Tale of Two Santas" (viewed on Comedy Central-HD on 12/20/12) *
Futurama #613 "The Futurama Holiday Spectacular" (viewed on Comedy Central-HD on 12/20/12) *
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia #613 "A Very Sunny Christmas" (viewed on Comedy Central HD on 12/25/12) *
Jeffersons #312 "Christmas Wedding" (viewed on TVOne on 12/19/12)
Jeffersons #415 "984 W. 124th Street, Apt. 5C" (viewed on TVOne on 12/24/12)
Jeffersons #512 "George Finds a Father" (viewed on TVOne on 12/25/12)
Jeffersons #708 "All I Want for Christmas" (viewed on TVOne on 12/18/12)
Jeffersons #1010 "Father Christmas" (viewed on TVOne on 12/19/12)
Jetsons #241 "Jetson Christmas Carol" (viewed on Boomerang on 12/9/12)
The Monkees #215 "The Christmas Show" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/25/12)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 #521 "Santa Claus" (viewed on DVD on 12/13/12) *
New Girl #208 "Parents" (viewed on FOXHD on 11/23/12)
Night Court #609 "The Night Court Before Christmas" (viewed on IPAD on 11/19/12) *
The Office #211 "Christmas Party" (Viewed on IPAD-NETFLIX on 11/29/12) *
The Office #310-311 "A Benihana Christmas" (viewed on IPAD-NETFLIX on 12/1/12) *
The Office #511 "Moroccan Christmas" (viewed on Netflix-Ipad on 12/20/12) *
The Office #613 "Secret Santa" (viewed on IPAD-NETFLIX on 12/6/12) *
The Office #711 & #712 "Classy Christmas (Viewed on XBOX-NETFLIX on 12/7/12) *
The Office #810 "Christmas Wishes" (viewed on Netflix-Ipad on 12/20/12) *
The Office #909 "Dwight Christmas" (viewed on NBCHD on 12/6/12) *
Parks & Recreation #212 "Christmas Scandal" (viewed on Netflix Ipad on 12/25/12) *
Parks & Recreation #410 "Citizen Knope" (viewed on Netflix Ipad on 12/27/12)
Parks & Recreation #509 "Ron and Diane" (viewed on NBCHD on 12/6/12) *
Portlandia #211 "Winter in Portlandia" (viewed on IFC on 12/16/12) *
Psych #210 "Gus' Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy" (viewed on Netflix Ipad on 12/12/12) *
Robot Chicken #613 "Robot Chicken's ATM Christmas Special" (viewed on Cartoon/Adult Swim on 12/17/12) *
Saved by the Bell #324 & 325 "Home for Christmas" (viewed on IPAD-NETFLIX on 12/2/12) *
Scooby & Scrappy-Doo #620 "The Nutcracker Scoob" (viewed on Boomerang on 12/22/12)
Seinfeld #312 "The Red Dot" (viewed on TBS-HD on 12/22/12) *
Seinfeld #413 "The Pick" (viewed on TBSHD on 12/24/12) *
Seinfeld #910 "The Strike" (viewed on TBS-HD on 12/22/12) *
South Park #715 "It's Christmas in Canada" (viewed on Comedy Central-HD on 12/20/12) *
Three's Company #214 "Three's Christmas" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/25/12) *
Too Close for Comfort #311 "Mr. Christmas" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/25/12)
Tosh.0 #430 (viewed on COMEDY CENTRAL-HD on 12/5/12)
Unwrapped "Classic Holiday Treats" (viewed on Food Network HD on 12/22/12)
Unwrapped "Holiday Helpings" (viewed on Food Network HD on 12/24/12)
Unwrapped "Holiday Snacks & Treats" (viewed on Food Network HD on 12/23/12)
Unwrapped "Holiday Treats" (viewed on Food Network HD on 12/23/12)
WKRP in Cincinnati #211 "Jennifer's Home for Christmas" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/26/12)
WKRP in Cincinnati "307 "Bah, Humbug" (viewed on Antenna TV on 12/26/12)
SHORTS & SPECIALS=36
Cabbage Patch Kids First Christmas (viewed on Boomerang on 12/11/12)
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (viewed on ABCHD on 11/23/12)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (viewed on ABCHD on 11/30/12) *
A Chipmunk Christmas (viewed on ABCHD on 12/28/12)
Christmas Comes to Pac-Land (viewed on Boomerang on 12/9/12)
Denis Leary's Merry Fuckin' Christmas (viewed on Comedy Central HD on 12/27/12)
Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe" (viewed on IPAD on 12/7/12) *
Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Snowmen" (viewed on BBC on 12/26/12)
Flintstone Christmas (viewed on Boomerang on 12/21/12)
Flintstones Christmas Carol (viewed on Boomerang on 12/13/12)
Flintstone Family Christmas (view on Boomerang on 12/20/12)
Happy New Year, Charlie Brown (viewed on ABCHD on 12/28/12)
He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special (viewed on NETFLIX IPAD on 12/6/12) *
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) (viewed on ABCHD on 12/12/12) *
Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas (viewed on FOXHD on 12/18/12)
Merry Christmas Mr. Bean (viewed on Ipad on 12/20/12) *
Mickey's Christmas Carol (viewed on ABC Family on 12/18/12)
Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (viewed on CWHD on 12/12/12) *
Night at the Movies: Merry Christmas (viewed on TCM-HD on 12/9/12)
Rifftrax Presents: "Night Before Christmas" (viewed on Ipad on 12/21/12) *
Rifftrax' Presents: "Santa's Village of Madness" (viewed on Ipad on 12/23/12) *
Rifftrax Presents: "A Visit to Santa" (viewed on IPAD on 12/12/12) *
Rudolph's Shiny New Year (viewed on ABC Family on 12/28/12)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (viewed on CBSHD on 12/18/12) *
Santa Claus is Coming to Town (viewed on ABC Family on 12/18/12) *
Scooby-Doo Haunted Holidays (viewed on Cartoon Network on 12/22/12)
Smurfs Christmas (viewed on Boomerang on 12/11/12)
This is America Charlie Brown (viewed on ABCHD on 11/23/12)
Tis the Season to be Smurfy (viewed on Boomerang on 12/17/12)
TV Guide's 25 Most Heartwarming TV Moments (viewed on TV Guide on Demand on 12/30/12)
TV Guide's 25 Most Hilarious Holiday TV Moments (viewed on TV Guide on Demand on 12/27/12)
TV Guide's Where are They Now? A Christmas Story (viewed on TV Guide on Demand on 12/27/12)
Twas the Night Before Christmas (viewed on ABC Family on 12/11/12)
A Very Brady Christmas (viewed on ABC Family on 12/21/12)
Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too (viewed on ABC Family on 12/7/12)
Yogi's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper (viewed on Boomerang on 12/19/12)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Michael Elliott said:
Is it just me or has the "edit" button been removed? :confused:
That's why I had to reprint my list.
There has been some HTF snafus.
Go to the feedback section and leave your comment and what system your on.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott /t/325243/holiday-challenge-2012/150#post_4019154
Is it just me or has the "edit" button been removed?

Yes it has. I made a comment about it in the feedback section. Apparently the mods didn't like that some people where editing posts or something.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Maybe the edit button disappears for older posts? I had an edit button just now in a thread about sound bars.
EDIT: and I was about to.... well, you know. :cool:
EDIT #2: just wanted to add that my posts above this one do not have the edit icon.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I guess I'm glad I updated my list and it's actually complete without the need for an additional edit.
My son/daughter-in-law/grandson were home last week for Christmas and my watching became late night viewings after everyone had gone to bed (except for late-night/early morning feedings). There was just no time for idle TV watching with all the people in the house, but it was a *good* week! After everyone left last Saturday I just couldn't get back into the spirit so I officially was done on the 26th with Elf. I'm kinda bummed about that as I'd saved Joyeux Noel, Home Alone, Batman Returns, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service to end with a few favorites. I'd thought the older grandkids (6 & 9) would want to watch Home Alone and we'd watch one of the days they spent the night so saved it. I should have saved Elf as they like it too (I don't much care for the film but I don't much care for anything with Will Ferrel) but I wanted one I'd also enjoy. Oh well... maybe next year. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks