What's new

HK 325Z or 525Z factory renewed experiances? (1 Viewer)

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking of ordering the 325Z from onecall.com for 399...its a tempting price. Any owners of renewed HK stuff care to venture their good and bad experiances with it for me? :)

Also, I will be using it to drive a 7.1 setup of a pair of JBL N38's, N-Center, and N24 surrounds in a 14x16 room. Should I be concerned about power and go with a 525Z for a 100 more?

Opinions are much appreciated :)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Marcel,

I own multiple reconditioned H/K products sourced from both Harmanaudio.com and Ubid with no problems. If the Onecall items feature the same 2 year factory warranty they should be a good deal. If you can afford the extra $100 go with the 525Z. It keeps you from thinking 'what if?' and you'll sleep better. :)

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
I got the 525Z from Onecall two weeks ago. While I thought I had a problem I realized an error on my part during setup. All is fine now. Like Paul said, it's got the full HK warranty and for that price I couldn't resist.

Frank

Chris Purvis

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 320Z I bought direct from HarmanAudio. It has performed flawlessly for the last 6 months. The front panel was / is slightly dinged up, but it wasn't bad enough to make me return it (although if I had bought a new one that looked that way it would for sure have gone back).

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I decided on the 325 over the 525. After inquiring I was told there would be less than 2 db diff between the 2. So I saved my money and have been happy.

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Just to report back for anyone else who might be considering the 325Z, I ended up getting it from onecall and it arrived a couple days ago and I couldnt be happier. Looks to be in brand new shape and is working well. The only problem was harman forgot to put a power cord in the box for it! Onecall is sending me one and says this isnt the first time they have had that happen. :frowning: Thankfully I managed to find a temporary cord to use in the meantime. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks