What's new

Hitchhiker's Guide Teaser out! (1 Viewer)

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
I braved the theater to see this movie. My once a year outing. And then I realize why I wait for the DVD and retreat back.

I started liking the movie once Billy Nighy showed up. Unfortunately, the movie is just about over at that point.

Zaphod's second head didn't work for me. It felt as though the CGI was 75% complete and they really needed more time to get it right. No wonder they didn't show him getting it back.

I am looking forward to seeing the DVD. I hope they add back ALL of the stuff that's missing. Another reason to wait for the DVD instead of going to the theater.

As for the experience, a woman sitting behind me laughed throughout the entire movie. Once every 30 to 180 seconds. Whether or not there was anything to laugh at. And sometimes she didn't laugh where there was a laugh. It got to the point where it was interesting. To try and figure out what was motivating her. But I never did. After the movie, we both headed to the Ladies' room. I expected her to laugh in there as well. But she didn't.

- kim

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I think that's something the American publisher came up with. It wasn't on the original book in the UK, right?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, it's not something even mentioned in the book? I've seen the thing for years, never read the books, and finally decided to find out what it was. The closest thing I found was a statement that Douglas Adams "hated that thing." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks