What's new

Hitchcock's Vertigo & The Birds BD Steelbooks Sept 5th in Finland (1 Viewer)

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Looks like the Universal Hitchcock blu-ray releases are coming Sept 5th (at least in Finland). This is good news for the box set coming to the U.S.
Links fixed.
http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2012/06/vertigo-blu-ray-steelbook-releasing-in-finland/
http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2012/06/the-birds-blu-ray-steelbook-announced-for-release-in-finland/

Kylan1

Auditioning
Real Name
Kylan Hanson
I know im being impatient, but good grief! im tired of reading all the Hitchcock blurays going to other countries! Its getting rediculous and maybe im wrong but not a sniff of talk about any of these releases in the good ole U.S.A, just rumors and pre-order dates from a year ago. geesh!!

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Kylan1 said:
I know im being impatient, but good grief! im tired of reading all the Hitchcock blurays going to other countries! Its getting rediculous and maybe im wrong but not a sniff of talk about any of these releases in the good ole U.S.A, just rumors and pre-order dates from a year ago. geesh!!
I agree with you completely -- Many classic American films get much more attention in other countries than they seem to get here. So many films have been released in Europe that have yet to see the light of day in this country. We get partial box sets and the UK and France, etc. get complete (or nearly complete) ones --one example is the terrific W.C. Fields box from England. It had almost all of his sound features in one box, while here, we got two separate boxes that didn't even have all the content of the single British one. And now, when we do get the films here, they are often DVD-R's or they are licensed to other labels. Let's face it, more than anywhere else, the bottom-line rules here in the USA - our film heritage counts for little in the corporate world. I give thanks to the exceptions to this rule - but there aren't enough of them.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
I have no interest in seeing any of these titles until they are really most excellently done, and I will wait a very long time for that.
Remark: it would help if the titles to threads like this could include something like "in Finland". It is rather tiresome to keep getting excited about a release and then, upon reading the actual post, find out that it is not a US release.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Kylan1 /t/321345/hitchcocks-vertigo-the-birds-bd-steelbooks-sept-5th#post_3935696

US from major studios releases are generally announced 2 months before release, so it may be until mid-July before the US announcement. European countries generally get their announcements earlier. When all is said and done they usually come get released within a week of each other.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
rsmithjr said:
I have no interest in seeing any of these titles until they are really most excellently done, and I will wait a very long time for that.
Remark: it would help if the titles to threads like this could include something like "in Finland". It is rather tiresome to keep getting excited about a release and then, upon reading the actual post, find out that it is not a US release.
Yes, I see that now. Tried to edit the title and no luck. :confused:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm sure if you ask a Mod to edit the title using the report a post flag they will fix it for you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/321345/hitchcocks-vertigo-the-birds-bd-steelbooks-sept-5th#post_3935939
I'm sure if you ask a Mod to edit the title using the report a post flag they will fix it for you.

Done!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
There are many examples of superior versions of U.S. films released outside the U.S. What irks me the most is when places like Australia (or Finland) get stuff long before we do. In many cases they also get better packaging. Hollywood would just as well send out discs in paper sleeves if they thought they could get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks