What's new

Hit Me Baby One More Time (1 Viewer)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I agree with Chuck, the Knack sounded good but I also was a bit suspicious whether they were really playing or not. They were the only ones I really paid attention to.

What's with VI? In the Surreal World, he swore up and down that he was trying to get away from that image/life. Now he's back in it?:crazy:

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Vanilla Ice changes every few minutes. He's done a Cypress Hill style pot themed album, a hard rock album (featuring a remake of Ice Ice Baby sounding like Korn) and his last album I believe was half rock/half hip-hop tracks. I saw him play a rather large venue (I was there for the opening band... no really) with his rock band a few years ago and the place was sold out so he still has a following. He deserved to win last night though I thought. GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO!!!! Who's with me?... Ahh you're no fun.

As for the show I don't think I'll watch anything from here out it's just all so poorly done and that host needs to be banned from all forms of media.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
The picture quality on the show reminded me of watching a webcast imho....it looks to be done on the cheap....btw i noticed the video was a second or so off compared to the sound last night.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Cameo taking on Bowling For Soup?

Wang Chung doing Nelly?

Aren't modern artists supposed to do takes on older artists and not vice versa?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

If this is how it works, I think the cover songs should be reversed then.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I thought everyone was good last thursday...these bands get killed doing new stuff...VI was smart enough to change up survivor...that's why he won...he made the song his own...When he said he was gonna do that song I laughed and said boy this is gonna suck...I was wrong and I had a big grin on my face because I used to like VI back in the day...so good for him...;)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
He didn't change the song, he bamboozled them. His own song is called survivor and that's what he did. Didn't change the orignal song up, had nothing to do with Destiny's Child version.

As far as the host? I think Ryan Seacrest is a complete jerkoff, but I would welcome him over this idiot anyday!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Vanilla Ice didn't deserve to win, imho. Martha Davis & The Knack were way better, especially Davis. It was Norah Jones on crack, it was fantastic!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Being I'm still listening to the "classic rock" station, I know zilch of the cover songs next week (by name, anyway).

I really enjoyed seeing The Knack. (And they're actually playing in town in a couple of weeks.)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I was wrong with my prediction of Wang Chung winning.

I have no idea how Irene Cara won. She and Sophie B. Hawkins were awful. How bad was it that she brought out her new group for the second song?

Howard Jones was the best and it seemed like the audience was behind him.

~T

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Personally I thought Wang Chung was the best last night. I didn't think Sophie sucked but her second song leaved alot to be desired. I didn't care for Irene Cara at all.

As far as Howard Jones goes, I didn't like his "White Flag" remake one bit.

RickGr

Second Unit
Hasn't the last act won in each of the three weeks. The fix is on?

(Or they will have the Fixx on!)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

No, 4th performer won first week, then #5 in week 2 & #5 in week 3. :)

Wang Chung was the most consistent, both of their performances were spot on. I was really impressed that they managed to nail Hot in Herre. Irene Cara really had the audience in a frenzy during Flashdance... What A Feeling which could explain how she won, but I agree that her second performance was lame. I had never heard of Howard Jones or Cameo before this show... they just weren't on my radar back then (of course, I was only 10 in 1986). I didn't care for Howard's first song, Sophie sucked on her second (wished she'd have sung As I Lay Me Down instead of her first song) and Cameo sounded bad on Word Up compared to the clip they played.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Irene Cara was crap last night. I guess there were a lot of Flashdance fans in the audience. I'm with you Thi: using the show to get your new band exposure on national TV is weak.
Wang Chung made a decent song out of "It's Getting Hot In Here." I thought they deserved it.
Looking forward to Greg Kihn and Glass Tiger next week.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Go Irene! Love her so much and very proud she has overcome and is performing again.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I liked Irene a lot. I thought that her voice held up best of all the singers. She still had the pipes.

Wang Chung kinda blew on their own song, but did a great job on the Nelly song. I was pretty amazed. I thought they were singing to a backing track with vocals already, but then the lead singer (can't remember if he is Wang or Chung) thanked the audience and the effects were still on his voice.

Well done.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought Irene was great too but I wanted Howard Jones to win. I used to love him in the 80's. Saw two of his concerts too. He was great.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that Hit Me Baby One More Time is not doing so good in the ratings so they wouldn't be going a second season...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks