What's new

Hit Me Baby One More Time (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale

I'm guessing there were schedule conflists in some cases. A Flock of Seagulls were reunited during the VH1 Band's Reunited show and they have been playing since then.
Loverboy is still together as well and played here in Nanaimo for our big New Years show as a complete group.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch where they said that the guy from Loverboy lived? I swear it looked like Vancouver.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
it was Vancouver. Down by False Creek, I think?
they're Canadians, don't forget...

man did he get old and fat real fast...

I'll probably pvr it again.

also thought tiffany was pregnant

and the flock of seagulls guy becomes pony tail boy...
thought that was funny

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I would've liked this better had it gone the "Idol" formula and put all the hasbeens on there the first week, and each week they get narrowed down, and the winner would be given a new big-budget recording contract and promotion/MTV/VH1/radio treatment for the new album.

That would've been a more compelling watch than what we ended up getting.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

That is what I was expecting it to be. In fact, I read somewhere that a recording contract was the prize.

~T

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I assumed it would be that way. I think it would do better in the ratings as well. The way the show is, you come in a hasbeen, and leave a hasbeen. At least with the "winner gets contract" approach, people would watch with excitement to see which artist from the past would be making a comeback soon.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think Arrested Development won by default. The rock fans were split between Loverboy and A Flock Of Seagulls, and the dance/pop fans were split between Tiffany and Ce Ce Peniston, AD had it easy

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was "talking" to my pal in the UK, and it apparently was more of a competition in their version. (And with the same annoying host, Vernon Kay.) Tiffany won her round and went on to the finals (which he didn't watch).

MikeM

Screenwriter

Or the vote was simply split between Tiffany and Ce Ce Peniston who sucked, and Loverboy and Flock of Seagulls who completely sucked. :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

That's the show I thought of when I was watching this. What ever happened to that show anyway?

Anyway, I tivo'd it because they had mentioned Tommy Tutone and I remember seeing him at my Grad Night at Disneyland. I guess he will be on a future show?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Tommy Tutone is scheduled for this Thursday, along with The Motels and The Knack and Haddaway and somebody. (I always thought Tommy Tutone was a group's name.)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Although it is looks really thrown together, it is fun to see some of these acts again. Are they using crowd screaming tracks, because the mix on my set was almost all crowd during the intro.

I though The Knack sounded good and the cover song was spot on. I knew Ice would win, judging by the frantic audience who must have been hand picked from his fan club. He did seem actually surprised by the positive reaction. I forgot how much I liked that Motels song and remember watching it on MTV in the early video days. (It also seems the voters are the ones seated and the standing crowds may be camera and cheering fodder).

I am still trying to see how much of the performances are using pre-recorded backing tracks. I believe the lead singing is "live", but the lack of on-stage equipment and absence of chords, etc. always leaves me suspicious. The drummer is clearly hitting the drums, but I though I caught a snare hit when a shot of the drummer was not hitting the snare during the Motels first song and there seems to be a lot of intrumentation not seen on stage.

I will keep watching, but I missed next weeks groups because of the crowd noise and the announcers inability to enunciate.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Next week's performers are:

Cameo
Howard Jones
Irene Cara
Sophie B Hawkins
Wang Chung

I would have voted for the KNoack to win this week.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I enjoyed this week's show a lot more.

As I predicted, Vanilla Ice won. I think even the people behind the show even suspected he would win, so that's why they saved him for last. VI went a little extra to ensure his victory by interacting with the crowd.

I think Wang Chung will win it next week, but I'll be rooting for HoJo.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Next week's songs:
-Cameo: "Word Up!" and "1985" (Bowling for Soup)
-Howard Jones: "No One is to Blame" and "White Flag" (Dido)
-Irene Cara: "What a Feeling!" and "I'm Outta Love" (Anastacia)
-Sophie B. Hawkins: "Damn, I Wish I was Your Lover" and "100 Years" (Five for Fighting)
-Wang Chung: "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" and "Hot in Herre" (Nelly)

I think Wang Chung will really win now, with the cover song they are performing.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks